Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Mail!

Today is a holiday in the USA when we remember all the men and women who have lost their lives while serving in the military. It always falls on the last Monday in May and signals the unofficial start of the summer season. Considering yesterday was 65 degrees, I'd say we have a way to go to reach summer, although it is forecast for 90 degrees by the weekend.

I received a surprise package from my friend, Valerie, of Bastelmania. Valerie is a very talented artist, and her blog is well worth a visit. She sent me a box stuffed full of not only supplies for me to use in my art, but a couple of beautiful projects that she made.

This is what the box looked like before I unpacked it.

Here you can see most of what was in the box. Lots of ribbon, trims, fabric, acrylic gems in an assortment of shapes and colors, & sequins in many colors. In about the middle of the photo starting on the left, you can see a sticky note holder she made, next the lovely card she wrote to me, and a postcard of one of her creations.

This is the beautiful atc folder she sent me. She even tucked in several Atcs. I love the charms that help form the closure--see the Eiffel Tower?

On this side you can really see the beautiful paper she used & the punched border that holds in the cards.

Here it is on the other side with more cards and back to the cover card.

Thank you so much, Valerie! I will certainly cherish the things you made and will enjoy using the supplies you so generously gifted to me!

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You are very welcome, enjoy! Thanks for the shout out! Hugs, Valerie

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

You are lucky and you are also right Valerie is a very talented lady. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day! :-)

see you there! said...

Great box of goodies. I like that ATC holder.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

All I have to ask, is where's my box???? LOL! You lucky girl Deb! Lots of beautiful treasures! I love the atc folder!! Very unique and pretty!! Hugs ;o)

AntiquityTravelers said...

I love the folder she shent! so fun!

AntiquityTravelers said...

ok .... that would be sent - ha!

They Come Along said...

Great goodies!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm running late visiting, but you certainly got some happy, happy, mail. How awesome. I love it! And you deserve it, too.

Hope your holiday was safe and fun. We went from winter to summer here, too.

IrelandBrady said...

Oh my, that is a wonderful surprise gift! What a wonderful friend you have in Valerie ...

Gloria said...

Deb, you are going to make some beautiful things with these supplies. Valerie made a fab card holder, everything is a happy surprise.