Friday, May 24, 2013

Four Friesen Friday

Hi Everyone! No, I didn't misspell "four". What I did was combine my usual Friday Friesen Project post with New End Studio's Four Letter Word Challenge. Is this month almost over already???? I guess with the graduation, house guests & other obligations, I just lost track! The next book in Christi Friesen's sculpture series is "Down Under" and as the name suggests, presents Australian themed projects. As usual Kater's Acres did a fantastic job offering tutorials and encouragement.

The first project was to create an aboriginal-style piece. Mine is a stylized lizard. I had a lot of fun with this, but I did get tired of rolling all those little balls of clay!

Then, when I thought of Gloria's challenge, I made another:

My four letter words were: clay, crow, blue, pink & gift. (It's a gift for a friend!) I think these will make pretty Christmas ornaments--I see more on the horizon!

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!





10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic work. I can imagine how your fingers felt after rolling all those little balls. But it was worth it, your creations are lovely! Have a nice weekend.
Forgot to say, that post is on its way, don't know how long it will take. Hugs, Valerie

Gloria said...

They are both terrific, the bird has some rocking elements and the lizard, it looks like an internal view. They are both colorful and snazzy. Where did that (snazzy) come from? I think I need a nap. lol

Thanks for linking up at the Four! ♥

Flowermouse Design said...

Great work!!! And a lot of work too!!! Have a lovely weekend - hope you get some rest!!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Fabulous pieces! Looks like they both took you awhile - there's so much intricate detail! Happy weekend!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, Deb, Deb!!!!! I am loving these sooooooooooooooooo much!! Girl, you have to start making some for your shop!! These are a lot of work! You used a lot of four letter words this month! Excellent! And, you did "Down Under" very well ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't even begin to wrap my head around these two pieces. I work with polymer clay, but I can't even begin to tell you how advanced and adept you are. Your clay skills are beyond awesome!

I can only imagine how long these pieces took you. The cutting alone must have taken forever, and those little balls would have put my hands to sleep. INCREDIBLE job.

Happy Memorial Day weekend.

AntiquityTravelers said...

These are both wonderful! The colors are so fun and you're right ... they would be perfect as ornaments!

They Come Along said...

Loving these Deb! They are wonderful. Have a great weekend.

Melissa said...

Super cute - I love the crow best - no I like the lizard best...

~Rasz~ said...

Yes the month is almost over, yay! What a great job you do with the clay. Its so colorful and just FUN to look at. Hope your weekend is quieting down a bit. Rasz