Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fossil Pendant

Hi everyone! Perhaps many of you have already heard about the devastating 200 mile per hour tornado in Oklahoma a few days ago. It tore a path over 1 mile wide and 17 miles long indiscriminately wiping out homes, business, schools & lives. I cannot even imagine a storm this wide! My prayers go out to those affected in OK and any area where weather strikes with a deadly force.

I managed to finish another pendant with a fossilized coral stone. It is very unusual, and, of course, I credit the layering technique and great beading fabric to Beadwright!




Admittedly, I am not a lover of the color green, but this green reminds me of a rainforest for some reason. I don't know how I make that connection, but I do like it and find it soothing.

By the way, I have two questions for everyone....#1 Is anyone finding it extremely slow loading photos onto Blogger? #2 Does anyone use the Etsy app for Android & what do you think?



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is totally beautiful I adore green, it is one of my fave colours, and your pendant is a real hit! Hugs, Valerie

AntiquityTravelers said...

that is stunning work! LOVE it! and green is my favorite color ) especially forest green

Melissa said...

I adore blues and greens together and I think this color combo is fabulous!!

Flowermouse Design said...

I agree - that green color is just amazing Debbie. I love it!!!! No problems with blogger right now...

see you there! said...

This is a beautiful piece, the green comes across very dark on my monitor. I haven't had probs loading pics and I don't use any apps so no help there.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Deb ;o) As soon as I saw this pendant, I had to heart it! I think it's very unusual, very earthy, very natural, very soothing! I think you did a beautiful job on it!!
I haven't had any problems with blogger. Sorry, I can't help you with the second question.
Hugs ;o)

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

That came out amazing! Green is not my favorite color but I do like it a lot... and love the combo of tones here.

Gloria said...

The various tones do remind of a forest. It's altogether beautiful.♥

Tornado aftermath will be a long time to recover for those affected. I don't know how they decide to stay, it must be in their blood. God bless them and all the recovery teams, too.

#1, So far no probs w/photos.
#2 --

Hope you get it all fixed soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like I missed this beautiful pendant. You may credit Beadwright, but your work is always stunning.

I always have trouble uploading my pictures, even though I save them at very, very low resolution. I attribute it to the fact I have a slow internet connection.

I don't own a cell phone, so can't help with your app question.

BTW, those pictures coming out of Moore eerily reminded me of Joplin, a town right next to where I lived before I moved to Wichita.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

How lovely this piece is! The blue is very striking. I, too, was shocked and saddened by the loss and devastation in Moore, OK. I am hoping that time will help to heal and rebuild.

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Debbie! Oh my gosh I used to bead stone pendants years ago and forgot all about it until I saw your post. Green is one of my favorite colors and this is absolutely beautiful. I love it and you did a terrific job.

As for photos, If I am downloading off my computer I resize to "website" image. If I have used Picasa to edit and upload I resize although it takes a little longer somedays than others. Thats all I can contribute and I have a slow internet connection.