Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cactus Update

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember I posted about a year ago that I was trying to grow cacti from seeds. That first batch all died, but I decided to try again when I saw a packet of seeds in a gift shop in Arizona. I planted them last summer, kept them covered with plastic wrap to make little terrariums, and I am happy to say that they are doing quite well!

I know they still don't look like much, but take it from someone who has grown cacti from seeds before, they are looking good! I have another smaller pot with some more that look like they will survive, too.

On the craft front, I am working on a custom order for some fern leaves. Just finished the first one today:

Do you recognize the gold beads from my previous post with the large lilies? I am also working to reorganize/restock/revitalize my Esty shop.

Thanks for stopping by!





9 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

WOW ... growing cacti from seed?! very cool!

IrelandBrady said...

Love your cacti! Imagine that, growing them from seed ... that is wonderful Debbie!

Your fern frond is wonderful! Great! Fantastic! Looks like the sword ferns in my yard ... you are terrific when it comes your creative beading!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your cacti look great - well done! And those fern leaves are wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

How interesting Debbie. I never knew about growing cacti from seeds at home!! How cool - hope they will grow a lot!!! Your leaves are gorgeous!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, I applaud you. I can't even grow cacti when they are potted and fertilized. I would never try to start them from seed. You DID GOOD!!

Not to take away from the cacti, that fern leaf is beautiful, too.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your little cacti are so cute! Good job Deb ;o) The fern leaf is stunning! Love the gold beads! Can't wait to see your shop ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Melissa said...

Wow - you are seriously patient - love the cacti...

Christine Bennett said...

Good luck with the little cacti! I repotted mine today - it practically pulled itself out of the pot!

see you there! said...

What a fun growing project. Never thought about them having seeds.

Darla