Monday, April 22, 2013

April Friesen Project

New month, new book! The fourth book in Christi Friesen's sculpture series is Cats, Big and Small. As always, you can click on the link in my right sidebar to see Katie's tutorial.

I love large cats...Lions, Tigers, etc....small cats, not so much. Katie certainly encourages us to make something else if the current project is not our thing. For me, I am happy if I meet my personal goal of making one new clay figure a week, so I happily sat down to create my favorite, a tiger.

I put a loop in his head as I plan to hang him.

Hope to have my next "Cats" project up this Friday!

13 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow his eyes just look right into you. This is so cool.
Nicole/Beadwright

see you there! said...

I like those really long whiskers.

Darla

Valerie-Jael said...

I am in love with your big cat - just grrrrrrrrrreat! Hugs, Valerie

Faerie Moon Creations said...

He came out great, Debbie! He looks playful - and I love his long whiskers!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I love your cat!!! Great job! Will e-mail soon, hopefully! LOL! (About pinterest) Big Hugs ;o)

Flowermouse Design said...

What a lovely tiger. He has that look on his face - I love him!! And what a great idea to make a pendant of him!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's one adorable large cat. But naturally, Bleubeard is jealous. He said he'd gladly try to change your mind about small cats, since he's not all that small.

OK, joking aside, this is one stunning cat! I couldn't believe all the detail you put into it.

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Oh I love him. Tigers are so cool. They say the stripes on a tiger are like fingerprints on us. :-)

AntiquityTravelers said...

love your cat! complete with whiskers :)

Melissa said...

Nice work - I am so amazed that people can do things like this.

Mumsys Kitty Korner said...

Great job!! He will look so nice hanging...love those whiskers. Hugs

curly purplepig said...

this is so adorable!

KatersAcres said...

Great cat!