Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Springy Little Album

Recently, Pam of Always Artistic put up a challenge on her blog to create any kind of album you'd like just for fun. Well, I love a good challenge and have been wanting to make a circular album since I was inspired by Ink Stain's tutorial, Part 1 and Part 2. I adapted my circle book to be more of a collection of quotes that I like. Since I'm not big on measuring, it is not perfect, but I love it and I loved making it!
The cover is decorated with flower buttons with paper leaves and stems made with Nicole's Bead Backing, and a resin bee.
This is how the album looks when you untie the ribbon.

Here is the album from above, tied fully open.

I added a favorite quote to each page and decorated them with the theme.

I added another of my purple polymer clay roses to this page, but in general, kept the embellishing flat so the album would close.

This page has a little resin piece with flowers that I was careful to place not directly in line with the polymer rose--the only other dimensional item in the album. That is about all the pre-thinking I did on this project.

A favorite quote of mine from Sitting Bull.

Lots of cute bees!

I really enjoyed this and how it turned out. In the future I might be inclined to measure more accurately with cutting and folding.

Thanks for the challenge, Pam!

11 comments:

craftattack said...

Absolutely fabulous! Fantastic idea! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design said...

Is that even possible?? Stunning work Debbie. I so love this. And the quote about the bees are one of my favorites too!! I am so amazed and touched by your work!!!!!! So personal!!! Just WOW!!!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Wow Debbie, this is just awesome! What a cool book!

Gloria said...

Love how it opens up to reveal all the treasures inside. This is beautiful. ♥

Magic Love Crow said...

This is breathe taking!! Seriously Deb!! AMAZING!!! WOW!!!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh this is so cute! I love this!

Dawn said...

Wow, what a gorgeous book Debbie, I love it. Brilliantly done sweetie, can see you had lots of fun.
Huge hugs x

see you there! said...

So interesting. It looks very complex and I like the images you used. I'll check the links for the tutorial.

Darla

IrelandBrady said...

This is FANTASTIC Debbie! LOVE it!

Melissa said...

How totally awesome is that - love the happy colors. I've been wanting to try something like this for awhile - going to pin the tutorial!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This is just TOO adorable! You did a fabulous job - I love the bees, especially! Happy Earth Day!