Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Seahorses!

Hi everyone! I'm getting caught up on my Christi Friesen inspired clay work for The Friesen Project. I had such fun making seahorses that I actually made two:

The seahorse on the left has a blue lace agate bead embellishment; the one on the right has a few beads, glass cubes & a metal springy bead. They each have a hole in the body for hanging that isn't visible from the front.

I also antiqued all the projects...including the sea turtle and the two starfish:

It seems much easier to add the patina and protective coat to all the projects at once since I pop them back in the (clay) oven at a lower temperature to seal the finish.

As much as I loved making the dragons, I love making the seahorses even more! I even decided to put a seahorse/starfish pair in my Etsy shop. Now I am off to complete the next project that I will (hopefully) show off on Friday!

14 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Ohhhh these are soooooo cute. You know I am a dragon collector so those are awesome but that turtle really grabs me.
Nicole/Beadwright

Flowermouse Design said...

Cutest ever seen. I love those two guys. And the antiqued look is soo good for these kind of projects. You did so well!!!

Kokopelli said...

Awesome sea life creatures!

craftattack said...

They are all sooooo beautiful, they really get better and better. Your seahorses are a dream!

Lori said...

These are adorable Deb...

see you there! said...

Each time you make a new figure it is my favorite. The Seahorses are just adorable.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

You are rockin all these little creatures you are making! Every piece is amazing! I seriously mean that! Mom and I were looking at "13" the other day. Even though he is tiny, he has so much detail! Your seahorses are fantastic!
Deb, you asked about the town in Alberta. Yes, that is where a lot of Ukrainian people immigrated too. We have family that lives there as well.

IrelandBrady said...

Your little Sea Horses are wonderful! They look like they could also be cute little baby dragons! I love the personalities you imbue into each one of your little creations. I'm really captivated by your Sea Turtle .. he is truly a charmer!

Outstanding work!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I love the seahorses- they have so much personality! Fantastic job!

Gloria said...

I feel like they need a story and names, they have such charm. I like both of them, but the guy on the right is a stud. Pun intended!

Roxanne said...

These are great! Love them.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought the expression on the face of the seahorse on the right was simply fantastic. Had a good laugh when I saw him.

You knocked a lot of bright color off those starfish. Even more so than the turtle. I like the new look, too.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

THese are so much fun!!!! :) Two of my favorite creatures from the sea!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

THese are so much fun!!!! :) Two of my favorite creatures from the sea!