Friday, March 29, 2013

One Fish, One Fish, Red Fish

Okay, so we all know I'm not Dr. Seuss, LOL! Here is my latest for The Friesen Project, exploring the style of Christi Friesen & hosted by Kater's Acres. As always, click on the link on the left for more info.

While this fish was inspired by and made in the style of Christi Friesen, it was also inspired by a recent series of ACEOs by my friend, Karen Anne Brady of Ireland Brady. She created Bettas or Siamese Fighting Fish is all poses and colors--here is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what is in store for next week's Friesen project!

Wishing all of you a Happy Easter and a happy, creative weekend!

13 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

So cute. And I love the use of the pearls!!! I can see you are having so much fun with this project!!!

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Love this! one fish two fish red fish blue fish...my daughters fave book when she was little. :-)

see you there! said...

Like the fish, I like your inclusion of beads on your pieces. Seems like your signature.

Darla

craftattack said...

I never cease to wonder how beautiful your creatures are! Hugs, Valerie

IrelandBrady said...

I love your red fish Debbie!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Loving the fish! jumping like a salmon :)

Gloria said...

Karen Anne has such a fine hand, she's amazing. Your fish has personality up the gills and pearls are one of my faves.

Happy Easter!

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy Easter Deb! Love your fish! He is precious ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

this project is really bringing out the artist in you. You have a natural flare for polymer clay. This fish is incredible. I really like the additions with the green. The colors really pop, as a result. Beautiful.

Happy, happy Easter to you, too, dear friend. I hope it is a time of peace and joy.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

So super cute! You are really creating some fun things with clay! :) Is there anything you cannot do? Happy Easter weekend!

Christine Bennett said...

Happy Easter Deb!

You always surprise me with the sheer variety of your crafts. It's awesome!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

How fun! I adore the seahorse too.
Today I am rejoicing that the tomb was empty. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter!

KatersAcres said...

This fishy looks so happy! I love that it's inspired by two designers - how cool!