Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Meet Belin!

Here is my newest dragon inspired by Christi Friesen.
This is one of my favorite color schemes which I think lends itself well to dragons. I used rainbow fluorite and rose quartz chips on her wing & body, and added lots of swirls, curls, texture, & dots.

I made another heart, also adding rainbow fluorite chips:

I like the look of the rough texture the chips add to the smooth look of the clay. One of my better ideas! I added a patina to this heart & baked in a double ring on the top for hanging.

13 comments:

craftattack said...

Your dragon is totally beautiful, and the heart, too. I love how you have made all of your figures! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Dragon time I love him. The heart is beautiful too. Love all the new items you are creating.
I am waiting to go to the hospital.
can't be soon enough. LOL
Have a great day
Nicole/Beadwright

Melissa said...

The colors in the heart are absolutely lovely...

see you there! said...

I like both of your new pieces. I think it is very clever to incorporate the chips.

Darla

Roxanne said...

These are amazing! Love both of them and the colors are really nice.

IrelandBrady said...

Two more winners! Everything you create it wonderful Debbie! Love what you are doing.

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly love them both Debbie!!!! Bravo ;o)

Gloria said...

These are like spring and summer- very refreshing and inspirational!

June Macfarlane said...

Wow so artistic and beautiful. Loving these very much
hugs June x

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

The happiest dragon ever! :)

KatersAcres said...

Cute dragon!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That heart is to DIE FOR. I love it. Of course, that's an adorable dragon, too.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Great work, Debbie! I love the dragon and the heart is so pretty, too!