Monday, March 11, 2013

For My Girl...

Who loves scarves! My daughter put in a request for a wide, extra long, extra warm scarf, and since she her Spring Break is coming up I am really trying to get close to finished. The pattern is called Broomstick Lace since you pull up loops and hold them on a ?broomstick? (I'm using a cardboard tube)and then crochet stitches into them. It is really fun to do, but it turned out to be a little more time consuming than I thought it would be.

It's a real stash buster, too, since I have already used two skeins of yarn and it is probably not even halfway done--I really haven't measured it yet.

Here is a close up of the pattern. It sort of looks like peacock feather eyes--it is actually gorgeous done in a shaded yarn, but alas, my sweetie wanted a neutral.

That, plus a custom beaded flower order has been keeping me busy and off the computer. I'll be around to visit soon, and I'll be back on Wednesday with a reveal of the tags I received via the IA Tag Swap. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

13 comments:

AntiquityTravelers said...

What a gorgeous pattern!

Melissa said...

That is lovely - when you said peacock feathers then shaded - I thought - can you imagine an intense blue and green variegated - wouldn't it be lovely?

see you there! said...

Beautiful scarf. I've heard of broomstick lace but never tried it, clever of you to think of using a cardboard tube.

Darla

craftattack said...

Fantastic scarf, love the pattern! Very unusual! Hugs, Valerie

Deb said...

Very pretty... Nice Mom

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I have been busy too and just got a custom order as well! I want to know if you got to see both Merlin's? You know what Deb, you spoil your daughter too much! LOL! Just teasing! ;o) This scarf is amazing!! The detail is gorgeous!!! Big Hugs and talk soon ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I have been busy too and just got a custom order as well! I want to know if you got to see both Merlin's? You know what Deb, you spoil your daughter too much! LOL! Just teasing! ;o) This scarf is amazing!! The detail is gorgeous!!! Big Hugs and talk soon ;o)

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

oooo it's lovely! Makes me wish I could crochet because you're right that would be fabulous in a shaded yarn. Lately I've have the knitting and spinning bug, this gorgeous scarf is inspiration to pick my needles up!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

I love and wear a scarf everyday. I have hundreds of them. This is a very nice pattern. I also think a white scarf is very classy.
Nicole/Beadwright

Gloria said...

Your scarves are always interesting- unique stitches and yarns. She will be so pleased.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, this is gorgeous. It's a good thing I don't use yarn in my crafts, or I might be tempted to try something like this. It is simply divine. I know your daughter is going to LOVE it.

Now I'm off to see what else I've missed.

IrelandBrady said...

This is a gorgeous pattern, your daughter will love and cherish her new scarf!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

It's gorgeous! And I love that it's white - it really helps the pattern stand out.