Monday, March 4, 2013

Another Appliance Cover

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Our snow is just about all gone, but it has turned very cold again! I finished the second appliance cover using the same fabrics but a different pattern. Imagine a square of squares. A random square of squares. That when sewed together, trimmed, and set on point would stay random. That's what I was trying to achieve here...apparently, I can't do random, LOL!

When I laid out the pattern, it looked random, it really did! Now, it just looks like I made a mistake. Oh well, since I already had to take it apart once because it came out too big, I don't have the patience to take it apart again to fix this. I can live with it until I need to make another one!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Your story about attempting random makes me laugh...oh well. :)

Gloria said...

That happened to me with tiles, the tilesetter didn't understand.

You could just put a few buttons or an applique on the one you feel looks less random, make it a focal point!

Either way, congrats on finishing another one. Are you closer to getting the new sewing machine?

Still snowing here. Have a great day!

craftattack said...

Whatever you wanted - this is gorgeous! A wonderful addition to any kitchen! Hugs, Valerie

see you there! said...

Maybe not as random as you want but the change in the placement of the pink/beige pieces is attractive. Kind of eye fooling too. I had to stop and think - what is different here.

Darla

Mumsys Kitty Korner said...

Looks just fine to me. I didn't even notice it until I went back and looked after reading your post. Wish my sewing mistakes looked that good. :) Hugs

IrelandBrady said...

I lIKE it! Goes really well with your kitchen tiles ... well done Debbie!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Although I'm sure it was unintentional, I had to laugh at your randomness. I can't do random, either. But I can't sew, either. So I applaud you with that. At least this cover matches the colors in the food processor cover.

Just as our snow was starting to melt, it looks like we are going to get another round in the morning. Ours could be snow OR rain, depending on the jet stream. Will be coming your way soon, I'm sure.

Roxanne said...

I really like it though. Very nice. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

It doesn't look like you made a mistake? You are too hard on yourself! Mom and I love it ;o) We still have lots of snow, but it is melting.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

It's really lovely, Debbie. Sometimes a perceived mistake is a good thing - it makes it extra special.