Thursday, February 14, 2013

Winter Wonderland!

Here is what we woke up to this morning:

It was gorgeous, and I really wish I could have captured the sunrise shining on the hill in the distance. Of course, by now most of it has fallen off the trees & melted, but it was pretty while it lasted!

We are going to a neighbor's house tonight for dinner, and being Valentine's Day, I thought I should bake something appropriate:

Not bad, if you consider I don't have a heart shaped pan! I took some thick (folded over a few times) strips of foil, made a rough heart shape, mashed (yes, a technical term) in the dough, removed the strips and baked it. This is something to keep in mind if you ever want to make a free form shape & your dough is fairly firm--like chocolate chip cookie dough is. Later on, I'll use cake icing to write "Happy Valentine's Day".

Last, but not least, I want to thank Dawn from Pesky Little Sister for awarding me the Liebster Award. The following rules apply:
This award is given to blogs that have fewer than 200 followers to encourage new visitors to visit.

Rules for Acceptance
Thanks the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
Post the award on your blog.
Give the award to 5 bloggers who you appreciate that have fewer than 200 followers.
Leave a comment on their blog letting them know you have given them this awesome award.

I'm not big on following rules, LOL, and I hope Dawn won't mind...As is my practice, I invite any of my readers who have less than 200 followers to accept this award and pass it on.

Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

craftattack said...

Your heart looks yummy! Nice photo, too. Here we had a big blizzard again this afternoon, brrrrrr! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Hi Deb happy Valentine's day. Your heart cookie looks great but it is all about the taste right? Yum Yum
Have a great day today
Nicole/Beadwright

IrelandBrady said...

What a great and clever idea Debbie! Happy Valentine's Day!

Sheryl Parsons said...

That's one big cookie! Perfect for sharing.....or not....lol.
Happy Valentines Day!

Melissa said...

I am sure your friends will love it! What a thoughtful thing to bring...

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the winter picture!! So beautiful Deb! We are getting some snow now! Valentine's Day Snow ;o) LOL! Oh, your cookie does look sooooooooooooooooo good!! If there is any left over, you can send me some in the mail? I will give you the postage ;o) LOL! Congrats on the award ;o) Yepee!!! Big Hugs and Happy Valentine's Day ;o)
P.S. So you had thin layers of the cookie doe, then took the paper out and it went all together?

see you there! said...

What a beautiful view in the morning. I like looking at snow as long as it is in someone else's yard. Hope you had a great evening last night.

Darla

Sunshineshelle said...

Yummy belated Valentines Day to you, and that view looks cold but also magical, now are you sharing that cookie with me? :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I couldn't wait to get here to see what I had missed, but your place looks about like mine, less about 10 inches. So far, we've gotten 14 recorded inches since yesterday, not counting the drifts.

That cookie looks great and I love your tip for baking it. I hope it was a fun time for all.

BTW, at least NEMO is a word (grin)!!