I have a love/hate, but mostly hate relationship with my current food processor. Since I make a lot of soup during the winter, I love that it makes chopping carrots, celery & onions effortless and quick. What I hate is that a few years after I got it the top dial which controls on/off and the speeds froze--in the on position. This means that every time I want to use it I have to plug and unplug it and use it only at top speed. For more years than I want to admit, I have been using it in this decrepit condition. I am always careful to keep it unplugged when changing blades or emptying the container. Just lately, I have been thinking about "the law of averages" and gambling. I'm not much of a gambler so I decided that before something dire happens I better get a new one. Since I don't use this appliance everyday, I didn't need top of the line. I found one that I could be happy with and would let me keep my precious ten fingers. The point of this post is not a commercial for food processors, but to show you what I made to cover it:
First I would like to thank Maria Elkins for posting a tutorial for a mixer that I was able to adapt to the size I needed.
I pulled some fabrics from my stash that complimented the tiled back wall which my husband & I designed when we moved into the house. I made the finished cover a little bigger than necessary because I like to store the book and extra blades in a plastic bag with the machine--out of sight, but handy! The only thing I purchased to make this was a package of batting (which I will also use for future projects) and the double fold bias tape to finish off the bottom edge. I have enough tape left over for the second cover I plan to make for our expresso machine!