Monday, February 11, 2013

Digging Out...

was not bad at all! We woke up Saturday morning to a foot of snow that was not too heavy, so my husband was able to clear our double wide driveway with the snow blower. Thank you for all the kind comments and good wishes. Our neighboring state of Connecticut received much more snow, so keep them in your thoughts. We are less than 15 miles from the border, where they got 22" of snow. Massachusetts (where our daughter goes to college for anyone new here) got hit pretty bad, too. Well, it is winter after all. I kinda forgot with all the warm weather we were having!

Since I wasn't too keen to drive on the slick roads, I stayed in all weekend. I crocheted an earwarmer headband for my girl's Valentine's Day gift.
It was simple to make with a pattern I found here.My daughter chose black with the twist in front.

She didn't want candy this year, but I could not help slipping in a chocolate/peppermint heart I "made". I took a candy bar and slightly melted it in the microwave, cut it with a cookie cutter which I left in place, and put it in the fridge to reset. I broke away the outside, removed the cutter and wrapped it in plastic. I hope you get the idea, because I obviously forgot to take photos! Simple anyway.

Hope anyone in the path of the storm is safe and sound!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you are all okay ... Cute valentine gift

Faerie Moon Creations said...

We are still waiting for the plow to haul away our 31 inches of snow, which now has a nice layer of icy rain on it! Been finding ways to have run - but the coffee creamer is getting low! What a sweet headband for your daughter! I know she will love it.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Good to know you are OK. Stay warm.
Nicole/Beadwright

craftattack said...

Glad you are safe and well, stay cozy! Great headband, and I love the idea of the candy heart, must try that! Hugs, Valerie

AntiquityTravelers said...

Glad you're ok. We're in CT and got dumped on. But as you say, it is winter after all!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Deb ;o) I am so happy it wasn't too bad for you!! I love what you made for your daughter! Very nice! And, what a great idea about the candy bar! You are so creative ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

New End Studio said...

That's good to hear that you made it through old Nemo's wrath. Hope the snow doesn't hang around for weeks.

Cute idea to use the microwave and cookie cutter, she's going to enjoy that along with the headband.

Have a great week, Deb. ♥

Gloria

Flowermouse Design said...

I am happy to hear that you are safe. I have been thinking of you a lot in this bad storm!!!! I love the idea with the candy bar. Very creative!!! I bet your daughter loved both her presents!!

see you there! said...

Great headband/ear warmer. I checked out the pattern link, may have to put that on my every longer list of things to make.

Darla

Dawn said...

Good to hear you guys are OK over there, lol we Brits panic when there is a 'dusting' of snow so I have no comprehension of how you all deal with the harsh winter weather you get! Admiration springs to mind!
Lol, love the ear-warmer, sure I had one similar when I was lots younger.
Ooh, I nominated you for a Liebster award today, hope you don't mind sweetie? If you are interested the details are on my blog.
HUge hugs x