Friday, February 22, 2013

Bugs And Hearts

Hi Everyone! This was one of those weeks where I was running like crazy...but can't really put my finger on what I was doing! No, I'm not losing it! There just wasn't anything too blog worthy to talk about. Except maybe these, the next projects for The Friesen Project.

So, besides leaves, what else lives in the jungle? Why, bugs of course! I'm not the biggest fan of bugs mind you, but in the interest of keeping up with The Project, I figured I could make one...if it was cute and not too realistic!

I used some pearl-ex powders to add some shimmer to the blue wings. The white clay is colored with green pearl-ex powder, although I am not really sure you can see it from this angle. I dabbed a little here and there on the legs. Didn't have time to bake on the protective coat yet, but I was thinking shiny in places and satin finish in others.
Here is the other project this week:

Heart bead decorated with some more of the leaves I learned to make last week. Also, some swirls and a line of amethyst chips. I'm still on the fence with this one as to whether to patina or not. It does add depth, but it also dulls down the color in my opinion, and I like this so much just as it is. I used a mixture of purple and orange granite texture clay and some of the leftover pieces from the mirror leaves.

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!

12 comments:

craftattack said...

Beautiful work again. I am not a bug fan, but your creation is gorgeous! Love the heart bead, too! Hugs, Valerie

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Hi Deb, thanks for all your wonderful healing energy.
Now I am a buggy type person. LOL
Your beetle is amazing. Great job!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

AntiquityTravelers said...

not a bug fan! but then this one you've done is very pretty almost like a scarab ... well done!

Flowermouse Design said...

Wow - I love that bug. Great work - but I am glad it is in clay... LOL!!!! Have a lovely creative weekend!!!

IrelandBrady said...

I don't really care for bugs either ... but your Bug is totally captivatingly cute!

The heart bead is really beautiful ... go with your gut feelings on the finish. Keep up your gorgeous work Debbie!

Gloria said...

Lots of details make these very interesting. I don't think I could work on a bug, even if it's clay! lol

Have a nice relaxing weekend, Deb.

Melissa said...

Love the bugs - entomology makes me happy. ;)

Deb said...

Very cool... Have a great weekend

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, both your creations are amazing!!!! Your bug is adorable and your heart is simply stunning! Well done my friend ;o)

see you there! said...

I like the bug, as long as they aren't real I think they are cute. You are doing some great clay work.

Darla

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Wow! These are just so cool! I love the beetle - so shimmery and bright!

KatersAcres said...

As you know ... I hate bugs ... but yours is REALLY cute!