Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another Dragon!

Hi everyone! The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the temperature is over 40 degrees! I can't ask for much more than that in February!

I've had such a nice response to my first little dragon, that I have decided--in between making beaded flowers and working on the next clay projects--to make a few for my shop. First, I'd like to show a new flower I made. It is a life-sized Iris meant to be a focal piece in an arrangement or it would certainly look great on its own.

The head of the flower is over 4" tall, and I hope you can see in the photos how each petal has a little design element in the center. Now on to the dragon...

He is basically green, gold and blue. I tested out several ideas for a hanger, and in the end decided on a matching gold ribbon. He will be in the shop later today. Oh, yeah, he says his name is Dorato!

Thank you for all the encouragement and kind words.








10 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Well, hi Dorato!! He is so handsome Debbie!!!! And I love that flower - I always am surprised when I see your work!!!

craftattack said...

What a lovely dragon, and the flower is fantastic! Beautiful work again! Hugs, Valerie.
How's the weather doing?

Melissa said...

You are definitely on a roll with our dragons.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Loving the dragons! Dorato is so cute!

see you there! said...

I am pleased to meet Dorato, the new member of the dragon family. I am, as always, stunned by your beautiful bead work.

Glad you have warmer temps.

Darla

New End Studio said...

Dorato, does that have a meaning? He's a handsome guy, love the colors and everything about this piece. Your iris makes me remember the ones in my garden back home.

Glad your temp is warming, you're more than ten degrees warmer than here! Enjoy the sun.

IrelandBrady said...

Your Irish is exquisite ... all of your beaded have a wonderful delicacy to them and this Iris is no exception.

I am loving your little dragons ... each has its own unique personality. Beautiful color combo in this little guy!

Magic Love Crow said...

Amazing my friend!! Your detail in your flower is beyond words and I LOVE your dragon!!! Dorato, is so cute!!! Oh, can I have a piece of that chocolate chip cookie?? LOL! Happy Valentine's Day ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Sunshineshelle said...

Look at all these beautiful creations you have produced, so pleased I finally dropped by, these are inspired! Just fantastic and love the dragon's name too :)

KatersAcres said...

So cute Debbie! I love the new dragon - his colors are awesome!