Friday, January 18, 2013

Meet Garger!

I've completed my first little dragon for The Friesen Project. Click on the badge on my right sidebar for complete information. Briefly each month Katie from Katers Acres will take through one of Christi Friesen's books. First week, a book review, followed by three weeks of projects. Since I already have some of Christi's books, I thought this would give me the needed push to get started.

So here is my very first dragon, named Garger!
The wood dowel was used to hold open a channel for a cord. I'm still deciding whether I am going to antique him or not before I add a protective coat. I really enjoyed making him and can't wait to start on the next one!

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Lovely job- I like the shape a lot. Have a great weekend.

craftattack said...

I adore your dragon! How did you make him, and what did you use?? Hugs, Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, I love him and I want him! ;o) He is so cute!!! He would look amazing on a leather rope ;o) Are you going to antique him??? Excellent!!

KatersAcres said...

He's so cute. I LOVE green dragons! Thanks for joining the project and thank you for mentioning it as well!

Melissa said...

He is absolutely adorable!!

Dawn said...

Awe Debbie he is gorgeous, brilliant job sweetie.
Hugs x

Mina said...

Oh Debbie, I love Garger! I cannot believe this is your first one. You did a fabulous job. Warmest hugs, Mina

Christine Bennett said...

Oh my gosh, he came out fabulous! And very detailed too.

see you there! said...

The shape is really interesting, like the colors too. This will look really nice hanging on a cord.

Darla

Maggie M said...

Oh, how nice!! That is the cutest dragon I have ever seen. Hugs

IrelandBrady said...

Love Garger! He is enchanting! I'll bet soon you'll be working your polymer creations into you beading creations ... to me they seem to compliment each other. Wonderful work Debbie! 8)

AntiquityTravelers said...

great job! such nice work!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh so cute! I LOVE the colors of this little fellow!