Thursday, January 24, 2013

IA Challenge-ACEO/ATC

In case anyone is not familiar with and ACEO or ATC, they are small pieces of art, the only rule being that they measure 2 1/2 by 3 1/2--the size of a standard baseball card. The difference in name determines what you plan to do with them...ATCs are traded; ACEOs are sold.
As I said in my last post, flowers are often the inspiration for my art. I created the background with a transfer tape technique (say that three times fast!) adapted by one I saw on Ink Stains blog. This artist is creating a calendar & for each month demonstrates a new technique. There are a few more I hope to try. Since I am determined to use what I have on hand, I used some glitter paint, fine glitter, and a music stamp. I painted the aceo card before laying down the tape.
In this image you can see the background a little better and also the quote. I created this in response to the IA challenge curated by Maggie this week.

15 comments:

see you there! said...

Great ACT. Thanks for the link to some new techniques as well.

Darla

Flowermouse Design said...

Beautiful Debbie - I love that quote!!

craftattack said...

Beautiful piece, love everything about it! Hugs, Valerie

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Really pretty!

Dawn said...

Ooh Debbie this is soooooo pretty and very feminine, I love it. The little details you have added really make the whole piece pop.
Huge hugs x x x x

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

This is gorgeous and looks so much like spring.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Well done Deb!! Very pretty ;o)

Lizbethem said...

Really pretty art, Debbie.xx

Maggie said...

Such a pretty ATC! I love flowers too :) I went to Ink Stains blog and read about the transfer technique. It looks like fun, and I'm going to try it! Thanks for the link!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful!

Anne (cornucopia) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lorik said...

I really like the colour - and the textures is so dense and interesting too.

Lou Anne said...

Beautiful textures and colors!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous ATC!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Very pretty! I love the glitter!