Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas!

This has been a long week filled with both celebration and sadness. The sadness I will not address--you all have already heard enough of the heartbreaking stories that have happened in Newtown, CT, just 30 minutes from where I live.

Friday was also my husband's birthday. After picking up our daughter we went out to lunch and made a few planned stops on the way home to do some Christmas shopping. The weekend was filled with back to back parties--one Hanukkah party with close friends, and a family Christmas party.

The house smells like a bakery--after the cream puffs for Sunday--yes, made from scratch! and the four batches of cookies yesterday. Oh, lets not forget the birthday meal I made on Tuesday for my husband: homemade macaroni with homemade gravy, with cream puffs and home made lattes for dessert.

I've had little time for beading except at night, but I am attempting to get a jump on rose arrangements for Valentine's Day. I've finished what will be two arrangement so far, but have not put them together yet. I did make one winter-type of arrangement that I hope to list just after New Year's:
There's a little bit of everything in it: Ice Crystals, Money Plant, Bell Flowers, Sweet William and a branch of Lavender.

I probably won't be posting again until after New Years, so I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

19 comments:

craftattack said...

All the best for Christmas and the New Year for you too! Love the beaded arrangement you have made! Hugs, Valerie

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

I always love to visit to see your beautiful beaded pieces. Have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! :-)

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

These really do look like a winter bouquet. Just beautiful.
Have a really nice weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Melissa said...

Gorgeous arrangement...!!!

Merry Christmas!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

How lovely to have the house smell so good! Enjoy the holidays home with the family ... and hope you find time to do a little something for yourself :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your new arrangement is stunning! I love the colors! Beautiful Deb! Well, from what I read that you wrote, I have gained at least 20 happy pounds and it was worth it ;o) LOL! Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Regina said...

First...sending you healing thoughts for whatever the "bad" is.

You have been busy. What an awesome birthday dinner....lucky guy!! Nothing makes the Christmas holidays feel like the holidays like the aroma of baking!!

Merry Christmas,
Regi

Lou Anne said...

Your beaded flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Happy belated birthday to your hubby. Your flowers are glorious, as always. And Merry Christmas to you and your family...I hope the holiday is filled with love and beauty and peace.

Christine Bennett said...

I hope you have a great holiday Debbie and a Merry Christmas.

I'm sorry to hear that you live so close to Newton. It still doesn't seem real to me, even from far away ((hugs))

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Please know that I am praying for you and yours. My wish is that the beauty, peace and joy of the season be yours all year long!

Linda said...

It is all so very sad. My thoughts are with those who need it the most. Such a sadness in the air.

thank you so much for your comment.
I love your arrangement.

Have a very happy holiday and new year. Good health and happiness always.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Thanks for stopping by ... what a lovely tradition you have of 'hiding' ornaments for future :) what a wonderful surprise that will be!!

see you there! said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. Haven't had a homemade cream puff in years but boy they sound good.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Darla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I realize I'm late visiting, especially since I'm not at home. But I just had to wish you and your family a wonderful, heart felt Merry Christmas and a belated happy birthday to your hubby. Please stay warm and safe over Christmas. And save me one of those cream puffs, please (grin).

Mina said...

Oh Debbie, your floral bead work is just gorgeous. They are so life like. Also, I think I am coming to your house on my next birthday. What a delicious meal! Happy belated birthday to your husband and wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. Warmest hugs, Mina

Maggie M said...

Hi, Debbie We hope you all had a very nice Christmas. Hugs from me and my family

Jenny Woolf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Woolf said...

I love the shades of lavender and green. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas despite some sadness.