Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday on the Lake

If you woo the company of the angels in your waking hours, they will be sure to come to you in your sleep.--G.D. Prentice

Happy Monday everyone! Thank you all so much for the nice comments and wishes of many sales for my craft show. All those positive vibes floating around in the atmosphere certainly must have helped. The show was very well attended, and I am pleased with how much I sold. I cleared quite a few things out of my Etsy shop, so I will get busy creating new things to fill it up again! First up will be this french beaded monarch butterfly that I just finished yesterday. Hope to have it up later today.
This craft show is local to me, and I have been participating in it for 18 years! It kicks off an event called "Holiday on The Lake" and opens with craft shows, library readings, concerts, a parade of marchers and decorated cars, and ends with a blessing and tree lighting, all on the first Saturday of December. These events plus more are all within walking distance of each other. One hundred trees are planted along the lake in town (as opposed to the lake down the street from me that many of you have read about here before)and they stay light thru the New Year. There is also a giant Menorah that is light on the appropriate nights to celebrate Hanukkah.

Since I have been doing this show so long, I have made many friends of vendors, shoppers, and the women who run the show. It is an added bonus to selling to see so many friends and neighbors and to be carried away with the Christmas spirit!










10 comments:

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Happy Monday back to ya. I know what ever you do with your art it will be successful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad to read such positive results. It's good to know this local event made it even easier to participate. Your monarch is super, as always.

Flowermouse Design said...

It sounds so nice with such an event. And I am happy that you sold so much!! And your butterfly is beautiful - we are having a very cold weather with snow and a lot of wind. So your butterfly made me think of summer!!!

craftattack said...

It sounds like a wonderful event. I am happy for you, that you did so well with your sales. Great that the festival respects other religions, too! Hugs, Valerie

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm really glad the craft show went so well and you had such a good time. :)

AntiquityTravelers said...

Congratulations on the craft show - sounds like a lot of fun!

New End Studio said...

Holiday on the Lake sounds like a great tradition! Nice to hear of all the tree planting, too.

Congrats on a successful show!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your butterfly is so pretty and festive!

May you have joy and peace this wonderful holiday season my friend.

Magic Love Crow said...

I am so happy the sale was a success! Yeh Deb! Your monarch butterfly is beautiful! Love the color!

see you there! said...

Sound like a successful show, must be fun to return year after year and see old crafting friends.

Darla