Thursday, November 1, 2012

Storm Update

Two seconds after I posted this....the power came back on!!! Yay!

Hello my friends!

Thank you so much to everyone who has left comments or emailed me.

We lost power Monday night at 7pm--it is still out with no estimate of when it will be restored. We were very fortunate in that we did not get the huge amounts of rain that were expected. We had basically no damage to our property, but a lot of trees in the area came down. We have a generator (to which I am temporarily connected) and run it ever 4-6 hours even through the night.

There are so many people affected by this storm--many have been flooded or have lost their entire homes from fires caused by exploding transformers. They need your thoughts and prayers. We were so lucky! It is such a coincidence that we had a bad storm this same time last year!

I will be back as soon as power is restored. Once again, thank you so much for showing your concern--you all mean so much to me.


9 comments:

see you there! said...

Glad to know you are safe and didn't have damage. Sending good thoughts to all those who are dealing with the aftermath of Sandy.

Darla

Flowermouse Design said...

Thank you Debbie, for your email. I am so happy to know that you are ok - but of course affected by all the other terrible things happening. Stay safe!!!

Beadwright said...

Thanks for the email Debbie. I am so glad you are OK.
Hugs
Nicole/Beadwright

Dawn said...

Bless you sweetie, sooooooo good to hear you are OK. Lots of thoughts and prayers with all those affected.
Huge hugs x x x x

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Glad you came through it ok and your power is back on.

Kokopelli said...

Glad you and your family are safe. :)

Melissa said...

I am glad the storm missed you. I feel deeply for all who have had to suffer through the tragedy...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was THRILLED to read the update. One less person to worry about. I was really concerned because I wasn't sure exactly where you lived. I look forward to your return once power is restored. Right now, you need that generator for more important things, like boiling water and heating your home!

Magic Love Crow said...

We love you Deb! Happy everything is well ;o) Big Hugs ;o)