Tuesday, November 6, 2012

More AB Sharing!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! We are preparing for the next storm which is supposed to visit Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Thankfully, it is not sounding like it will be as bad as first predicted.

I thought I would share a few more pages that I created in my altered book.
Of course, this refers to New York City! Growing up just 40 miles or so from New York City, I have many happy memories of my mom taking us down to the city to see Broadway shows, attend museums, and visit many of the well-known landmarks. As a 20-something, I also enjoyed visiting the stores at the holidays with my friends to see their decorations and animated window scenes--a "tradition" my husband & I carried out with our daughter--until 9-11 that is.
Now anyone who knows me or has been reading my blog for awhile knows that I really love Elvis. I received the image on the right as a birthday card 10 years or so ago and have been waiting for just the right project to use it in. I have made "my pilgrimage" to Graceland as well as to Elvis's birthplace in Tupelo, Mississippi which he is holding in his hand.
The last spread I will share today is San Francisco which I visited on a recent trip--which reminds me I still have to post about the rest of my vacation! This one is pretty self-explanatory, but I will point out that the closest, largest cable car is actually a pocket in which I placed my ticket to ride. (Yup, love the Beatles, too!) See the little running board near the front of the car? My daughter & I stood on this little step & rode the California line up and down all the hills. We had a blast! It was like being on an amusement park roller coaster--when you were at the top of the hill, you couldn't see anything below until you started down and could then see how steep it was! The only scary part was when we passed another cable car going in the opposite direction--pretty close!!! We literally had to lean in!

Hope everyone stays safe tomorrow!



















6 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Thank you for sharing - I hope the storm will pass with no damage at all!!! I love your new spreads. Especially the one with San Francisco - it has that three dimensional fell to it. Sort of take one into the city - I would love to go!!!!

see you there! said...

Always enjoy looking at your AB pages. Of course the fact that you featured S.F. is just the icing on the cake.

Good work!

Darla

Dawn said...

Ooh gorgeous collagey goodness Debbie, your pages are fab.
Fingers crossed the storm whips on by without too much hassle for you all, will be thinking of you.
Huge hugs x x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, I'm officially trying to play catch up. It's a challenge, since I'm still trying to work on Sunday's post and make art every day and try to . . . . .

I love the pages you have done in the book. That last push must have used most of your empty pages. I'm thrilled you will be finishing your AB. Very impressive.

New End Studio said...

Wasn't that fun riding outside on the cable car- I can't remember which line it was, but I did the same thing and enjoyed every second of it, even with the other car coming by.

Your book is looking wonderful!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, every time I look at your book, I am truly amazed! I didn't realize you were such an Elvis fan! I would love to ride a cable car! So much fun! Big Hugs ;o)