Saturday, October 27, 2012

Heads Up!

Hi everyone! Just giving a little heads up in case it looks like I have gone missing...
Starting tomorrow night, and especially Monday & Tuesday, we are bracing for a mega storm caused by Hurricane Sandy. They are saying this storm can last several days, 8 inches plus of rain, and widespread long power outages.

You may remember Hurricane Irene last year around this very same time, which dumped rain & snow on us, cancelled Halloween, and flooded our basement for a foot.

We have a generator, lots of gas, lots of food, and are hoping that it is not twice the previous storm as they are predicting.

If you are on the east coast of the US and in this storm's path, please be safe!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

ooooh Debbie, my thoughts will be with you my lovely. I hope it is nowhere near as bad as you seem to think it may be!!!!!!!!
Stay safe sweetie x
Huge hugs x x x x

Kokopelli said...

Please take care! Sounds like you're well prepared. Good luck!

Magic Love Crow said...

My friend, we have been hearing about this on the news, because depending where Hurricane Sandy hits, we are suppose to get the storm as well! It has been heavy raining all day, and we have been told it would be bad around monday and tuesday too. Please be safe!!!!! Big Hugs ;o)

Sunshineshelle said...

Be safe Debbie, I've missed you too and just having a peek at your posts to see what your up too :) hope there is no flooding and the storms pass without leaving any damage x

New End Studio said...

Fingers crossed that you are bypassed, stay dry and cozy ♥

Flowermouse Design said...

My fingers are crossed and you are in my prayers!!! Be safe!!!!

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Hope all goes well for you there. I'm thinking the same as you...I may go missing too since we always lose power when there is a storm. During Isabel we lost it for 2 weeks. During the Derecho we lost it for 5 days. I hope it doesn't happen this time. Right now it is the calm before the storm. Stay safe my friend. :-)

Lori said...

OOOHHHH DEb,, I just popped on to see if all was well there with the approaching storm. Hope that it is not as bad as they are saying and that you make it through with minimal damage.. Stay safe and warm..
Hugz..

Beadwright said...

Stay safe dear friend. I hope you got my email.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lisa Criswell said...

stay safe!!!

see you there! said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are ok in the aftermath of the storm.

Darla

Mina said...

Oh honey, I sincerely hope that you and yours are okay. I have seen the devastation on the news today and it is just awful. Take care and be safe, Mina