Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Monday! Happy Columbus Day if you are in the US! Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!

Just a short post today to show some further progress on my Altered Book. I had another "single" page that I wanted to turn into a double page spread. It is very hard to find paper pictures of Disney characters. In fact, the hand on the left page that you've seen before, was cut from a shopping bag that I had saved. For the new page on the right, I cut the figures from a postcard that I saved from at least 10 years ago. I did a little watercolor under painting to look like water and islands then added the figures and a compass rose in the top right. Hopefully, it blends well with the other page, as I tried to use nearly the same color blue as in the castle for the water.
Hope you are enjoying your day!

8 comments:

see you there! said...

Nice and I'm so impressed that you are continuing to work on your book.

Darla

Dawn said...

Awe love the pages Debbie, big kid me can never resist disney. I love the colour wash you have used behind your peter pan characters, beautifully done.
Huge hugs x x x x

craftattack said...

Love your pages, as I am a Disney fan, too! Valerie

Melissa said...

NIce work - I missed the Mickey hand before...

Magic Love Crow said...

So much work Deb! You are doing an amazing job! I hope you are enjoying the holiday! My tummy is full ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, that is charming! Those pretty colours, it has a magical effect.

I can't believe it is Canadian thanksgiving again. How time flies, it really seems like no time since last year's.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is another entry I will more than likely use in my wrap-up. You did a fantastic job of tying these two pages together, something I plan to point out in Lesson 19.

BTW, happy belated Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving from another US resident.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

THis is so much fun!!!!! I love it!