Friday, October 19, 2012

Another Scarf!

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.--John Dewey

I know it seems like I am cranking these out, lol, but I seriously cannot keep my eyes open when I watch television in the evening without doing something! This one is a gift for my girl for her birthday which is coming up next week.
This was made with Red Heart Sashay which is really fun to work with and makes an unique scarf. It is more like a lacy-look fabric with a row of holes at the top that you use to knit, and knits up super fast. Took me a little time to get used to working with it--the video how-to on the Red Heart site did the trick!

Just to keep anyone who wonders about these things happy...I am not affiliated with Red Heart. I was not given anything or asked to promote this yarn. The yarn was purchased by me and I am sharing my experience. (Isn't this nuts?)

I'll be back on Monday to announce the winners of my giveaways! Have a happy creative weekend everyone!

11 comments:

IrelandBrady said...

Beautiful! I am sure your girl will be absolutely delighted with her birthday gift!

craftattack said...

Gorgeous scarf - your girl will love it!! Thanks for all your good wishes and moral support! Hugs, Valerie

see you there! said...

Very pretty and looks unusual. I'll have to check out the yarn next time I'm in the yarn store.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

I love, love, love this scarf and so will your daughter!! Have a great weekend ;o)

Flowermouse Design said...

Beautiful - those kind of yarns are very popular here too!! Your daughter is very lucky!!!

Christine Bennett said...

Cool! Mom made me two scarves from this yarn. I couldn’t knit with it :D

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

You are so like me. I just have to keep my hands busy when I am sitting in front of the TV. The Tv is my sleeping pill and I crochet scarves and afghans while I watch. Have a great weekend. Love working with different and unusual yarns. Just yesterday while in the yarn dept of the local craft store I spied some fleece yarn, and some baby yarn that was so soft I couldn't stop touching it. :-)

New End Studio said...

This is cute, it must feel good, too with the textures. Happy Bday to her ♥ Most of my best naps are while the tv is on lol.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful scarf Debbie, I'm sure your daughter will love it.
Lol, really makes me wish I could knit properly!!
Huge hugs x x x x

Mina said...

Oh wow! I love this scarf. It is so feminine. You do such beautiful work. Have a wonderful weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous. I've seen that yarn and wondered about it. It was great to see some actually made up. You are SO talented!