Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Paper Bag Album

After seeing some paper bag albums on a friend's website, I decided to try my hand at making one or some. Check out Pam's blog to not only see her albums, but she is an amazing photographer, too!

Since this first album was going to be a gift and the person reads my blog, I have had to wait until I was sure she received it before posting. Since I didn't know what she would chose to use the album for, I kept the theme very general. Here is the cover:
Some pages have writing. I used cardstock and the pamphlet stitch with some pretty fibers to bind the album.
Some flowers, others music themes...I did the two pages with different cardstock but with the same theme.
These are the inserts that I made to go into each paper bag opening. I used lightweight craft foam. They are cut out all in one piece.
Many of you already know Stacy, who is very fond of crows. She is a very talented painter who specializes in crows. Stop by her blog and say hello if you haven't met her yet!

Thanks for the inspiration and challenge, Pam!








15 comments:

Beadwright said...

Ohhh this is so pretty and the idea is fabulous
Nicole/Beadwright

Lisa Criswell said...

what a great idea, and this one is so beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never seen a paper bag book that you cover with scrapbook paper. But yours is super.

I've only used the pamphlet stitch once and it was nearly a disaster when I did (grin). I'm not good with binding a book, so I opted for making a paper bag piano hinge book. I combined the two techniques with the added bonus of not having to use traditional binding techniques.

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

oh my gosh I can't believe that gorgeous album is made with grocery bags! I've never seen that before but LOVE the idea- thanks for sharing. (And that cover is gorgeous!)

craftattack said...

What a great idea - love the combination of colours, and the crows, just fantastic! Valerie

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

This is beautiful. So glad you could make one. lol as soon as I saw the inserts I knew who it was for, I bet she'll love it! Great job!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

P.S. Thank you so much for your comment about me!

Melissa said...

Nice job on the album - the inserts are super cute!! Great work!!

Flowermouse Design said...

I have never heard of a paper bag album but what a creative take you have had. I just saw it over at Stacys and it is wonderful!!! So well done and so much fun with the crows!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Amazing Deb!! Thanks so much for explaining the detail you put into my book! I love it so much! Big Hugs xoxox

see you there! said...

You created a really nice book and the inserts add a lot of interest and personalize the book.

Darla

Mina said...

You did such a beautiful job on this, Deb! As soon as I saw the crows inserted I knew exactly what sweetie you were making this for. ;-) Wonderful gift to create. Hugs always, Mina

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Ooooh this is too cute. I know that Stacey loves it and the crows are so neat. Great job. :-)

Geckostone said...

OMG what a cute idea!I want to make one now!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! Stacy must have been over the moon excited. You did a wonderful job - and the love you put into the project really shows. :)