Friday, September 21, 2012

Odds and Ends

Praise, when used sparingly, retains an everlasting value. --Unknown

First, I want to thank everyone who has made such kind, supportive comments about my altered book. It means so much to me.

Now, I have one more page to show...but, first a bit of explanation. Since my book is small in size, I realized it is much easier to create two-page spreads, so I am going back to where I only used one page & trying to make a complementary page.
I created the page on the left first, so I went back and did a similar style on the right side using the complementary color of orange which is blue for the torn strips.

I also completed another ring of french beaded roses this week--which I consider my signature piece:
Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!








12 comments:

Lisa Criswell said...

i really like your complimentary page. it goes so perfectly with the first one...great job going back and adding to your existing page. to me it's not easy to go back to something like that. it always ends up disjointed, but yours flows very easily from the 1st to 2nd pages. the ring of flowers is gorgeous!

Beadwright said...

I could see this ring of flowers worn at a wedding. Just beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Flowermouse Design said...

What a book this is going to be - but does it get very thick?? Can you close it when it is done? I know too little of altering books.... The ring of flowers is AMAZING work!! Happy weekend!!

Melissa said...

Nice wreath - very pretty...

craftattack said...

Lovely journal pages, and the beaded flower ring is out of this world! Just fantastic! Valerie

Roxanne said...

Great page in your altered book. Oh the beaded flowers are simply gorgeous! Love. :)

Mina said...

I love your altered book and ADORE your signature piece. Hugs to you, sweetie!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I think that the pages flow beautifully~ well done!

Magic Love Crow said...

Everything looks amazing Deb! Well done my friend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems I've been gone all week, and missed out on so much. I'm glad I was finally able to get here, even if it is a bit late in the weekend.

This was a clever idea to compliment your left page with a complimentary color on the right page. Well done and completely on theme.

Your roses are incredible. I can't imagine how long it must take you to make these, with so much beading. I would consider it your signature piece, too, dear.

BJ said...

Your complimentry AB page works well, would never have know you did them at different times. BJ

Faerie Moon Creations said...

You have such a gift for crafting these beautiful roses. :) I like your complementary page. You did a wonderful job!