Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Pendant

Happiness should be your life's work, not a vacation that you postpone until you have more time. -Unknown

I'm trying to build up my jewelry stock for the upcoming holiday crafts shows (2) I participate in. After our basement flooded last summer and I lost so much of my holiday themed supplies, I have decided not to buy any more. I have seen a trend in the last few years where more "generic" items sell better, so I am going to use up what I have which is still a considerable amount and focus more on jewelry and other beaded items. I'll be listing my holiday themed items on Etsy soon also. Just a heads up to my readers...October is when I do an annual shipping sale which will include everything except custom and made to order items.

Here's my newest pendant:

It is a little different than my usual. These are free form Tiger's Eye cabochons that I attached to Nicole's Bead Backing (of course!)and beaded around with topaz color glass beads. Reminds me of chocolate and caramel!

Hope everyone is having a good week!






9 comments:

craftattack said...

Just beautiful, and reminds me of a big, sweet toffee, too! Valerie

Beadwright said...

ooohhhh pretty. I am so connected to Tiger's eye. The stones and your beading art look wonderful. And thank you so much for using my Nicole's BeadBacking

Nicole/Beadwright

New End Studio said...

Very pretty, love the pattern in the stone and the layers of beading going around it.

see you there! said...

I like both this and the previous necklace. I think the multi ribbon "chain" you've used is an especially attractive detail.

Darla

Roxanne said...

I love it Debbie! The colors are really nice together. Mmm chocolate and caramel...yum.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

It's a very lovely necklace. :) I really adore the warming colors - and the yellow ribbon sets it off quite nicely.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm really late getting here, but when I saw this on my sidebar, I couldn't wait to see how you made it. It is beautiful, and reminds me of the swirls of cream I use in my coffee each morning.

I hope your craft shows go well. I agree that the holiday crafts might be popular for people who want to decorate their homes, but there are enough of those merchants at every craft show. It's good you are offering things that most people won't expect, like your beautiful beaded flowers that are truly lovely.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read the comment you left on my blog. Kathy has a much more "purchase intensive" craft room than I have. My things are mostly from dumpster diving, things friends leave on my front porch they think I can use, or items I find at thrift stores. Kathy has some totally awesome things to make art. I muddle through the hard way and it often shows (grin).

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be watching for your poly clay post.

Magic Love Crow said...

This pendant is gorgeous Deb! I am sorry you lost so much last year, when your basement flooded! Not Fun! Deb, what do you mean by generic? Not Christmas? Just wondering. 2 craft shows! Good for you! Big Hugs ;o)