Tuesday, September 4, 2012

AB-Doors

I am a little behind on my altered book with getting our daughter back to college, but anyway, I have to go where my inspiration takes me. This time it took me back to Lesson 13 where Elizabeth had us creating windows and doors. I previously showed you my window spread, and without further ado, here is my door spread:
Oh no! You're probably thinking..."Not another Egypt spread!" Well, not exactly. Can you guess who is behind the weathered door?
If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you might occasionally see posts and/or crafts related to Elvis Presley as he is one of my all time favorite singers. I also thought you might be able to read the hieroglyphics on the right side of the page...no? Well, it says, Elvis King.

I had fun with this one! Hope to be back soon to post the current lesson--edges!

15 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey Debbie, I would have been delighted with ANY door that you created. But this one was even more fun than I anticipated. This is just TOO cute (and that's a good thing!). Yes, I'd open that door any day. Of course, I heard that Elvis had left the building (grin).

New End Studio said...

The one and only EP all through the ages, this is fun!

Dianne said...

oh, this is just too funny! I am in love with Egyptian art...such a cute take on 'the king.'

craftattack said...

Great idea to combine Egypt and Elvis! Valerie

Jenny Woolf said...

That is so cool. There used to be a song years ago called Walk Like an Egyptian - I had forgotten about it until I saw your post. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjI4p8_NZVc

IrelandBrady said...

This is GREAT! Love the door, what a delight!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

To answer your question, I show the rocking horses on my WOYWW (What's on your workdesk Wednesday) posts. I'm just removing the images from my camera now. That post will be up about 5:30 or so. Thanks for asking, though!

Flowermouse Design said...

I got a good laugh from this. What an extraordinary idea!! Such a surprise!!

Melissa said...

What a hoot!!!

see you there! said...

Very clever, not at all what I thought would be behind the door.

Darla

Lisa Criswell said...

how clever and totally unexpected!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, this is so funny! I love your imagination!! A+++

Mina said...

Now this is too cute! I'd have never expected to see Elvis behind that door. Well done!

Dawn said...

Brilliant spread my lovely, what wonderful humour, has had me giggling away like a trouper!! Ha ha, very quietly as my sprogs are in bed!
Big hugs x x x x

elle said...

I'm behind on my looking and my doing but what a treat to see your page. Nice door! Lovely pages.