Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacation Part 3

This sign sort of says it all! Where else can you visit:
Venice? Complete with St. Mark's Square that changes from day to night. (Venetian Hotel)
See the Brooklyn Bridge & The Statue of Liberty? (New York, New York Hotel)
Go back in time to the era of King Arthur's Court? (Excalibur Hotel)
Visit an pyramid and see a sphinx? (Luxor Hotel)
See a light show 2 blocks long featuring Bon Jovi? (Freemont Street Experience)
See a 1/3 scale Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triumphe? (Paris, Paris Hotel-where we stayed)
Get up close & personal with an erupting volcano? (Mirage Hotel)

I hadn't been to Vegas in about 20 years so most of this was new to me. Every hotel is themed inside, too, and you can spend days (as I'm sure the owner's hope you will) wandering every nook and cranny. They go to great lengths to make every space inside authentic as well. It was awesome and over the top, but we enjoyed every minute. We saw Bally's Jubilee with singing, dancing showgirls, tributes to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers, about 7 or 8 "skits" in all including an awesome sinking of the Titanic! We also went to a show called "The Rat Pack is Back!" featuring impersonators of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr. & Joey Bishop. If you regularly read my blog, you may have seen the altered book spread I did on Vegas including them.

In the interest of keeping this travelogue readable, I'll end here and share our next location next time.

Next time: Come with me to Yosemite National Park and see my attempt to mimic Ansel Adams.


8 comments:

craftattack said...

Wow, it sounds great, what a wonderful experience! Valerie

Melissa said...

Last time we were in Vegas we stayed at Excalibur and they were building the Luxor - so nearly all the rest of what you showed is new - AMAZING!!

see you there! said...

I was in Vegas eons ago when it wasn't too much more than a wide spot in the desert. Now it looks like you could spend days there and still no see it all.

Darla

Lori said...

Oh Wow-- What Fun.. I have not been there in along while... What a great spot to just have FUN!!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Great Pictures- Sounds like you had a blast!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow Deb, you guys had an adventure! I didn't know you went to so many places! I went to Las Vegas, for the first time in my life, roughly 9 years ago. I stayed at the Luxor. It sounds like you and the family had a blast! Hugs ;o)

New End Studio said...

Looks amazing and the shows sound like a good time. Never been, great photos!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I have a lot of catching up to do. What great photos! Looks like you had a ton of fun!