Friday, August 31, 2012

IA Challenge

Keep believing in wonders. Every morning, wish three things for your day. Your wishes may or may not be granted, but it's a great way to find out what you really want. --Unknown.

The challenge at Inspiration Avenue this week is doorways and windows. While they do fascinate me, I must admit that I really don't think much about what is happening behind them! For me the fascination is all about the shape, color, size, and shadows. It has been really busy this week, getting our daughter ready to go back to college on Sunday, but I really wanted to play along. I decided to show a WIP--an oil painting that I began probably a year ago. I used to take lessons weekly, but sadly, the man who taught them is now unable to continue teaching. I hope I get the inspiration to finish this some time:

Have a happy creative weekend everyone!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

nice - soothing...

craftattack said...

Love the colours, the door is fantastic. Valerie

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

You WERE inspired.

Hope the doors open to your daughter in marvelous ways.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb!!! Hope you are doing well! Sorry I haven't e-mailed you back! I love this painting sooooooooooooooooo much! I was actually hoping it was an aceo, I was going to buy it! LOL! Stunning my friend! Have a safe trip back with your daughter ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is SO impressive. It's sad that your former teacher is no longer teaching. You might even be able to learn almost as much on the internet.

Have a fun weekend with your daughter and a safe trip.

New End Studio said...

Great colors in this one, hope you finish it some time.

Have a great weekend and good luck to your daughter in the new school year!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

This painting is so lovely and reminds me of the blue doors on the island of Santorini.

Incipient Wings said...

i love the colors..great work.

Flowermouse Design said...

I love the light you have captured in the painting - and I am excited to see it finished. You have so many different creating skills - how impressing. Great work!!

artangel said...

This is a fab painting - you should definitely finish it! Love the strong colours and shapes :) x

Jenny Woolf said...

It is so cute - it reminds me of a little Greek house. Specially the blue and white colours.

Roxanne said...

This is wonderful! Hope you get to finish it.

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

I love this...hope you get that inspiration to finish. Doors are so unique and interesting. :-)

see you there! said...

I want a blue door. I like the variation of shades you used to depict yours.

Darla

Mina said...

Now that is wonderful advice that I would love to begin my days with. Very uplifting, as is your painting. You are so gifted.