Friday, August 10, 2012

IA Challenge-Doodles

This week's Inspiration Avenue challenge is curated by Jenn from Just Add Water Silly. She inspired us with beautiful examples of Zentangles, zendalas, and good old fashion doodles. I lean more toward doodling since I like my patterns to look original. I created this aceo called "Olympic Dive".
I purposely chose the subject to match the Aceo Challenge this month which is to create art relating to the Summer Olympics. I've been watching every night and am always impressed with the gracefulness of the diving competitors and how they enter the water with barely a splash! I'm not sure if my moose will be as graceful, but I stopped him just above the water just in case. Enjoy!

Have a happy creative weekend everyone! Our daughter comes home from Oxford tonight!!! So excited to see her--6 weeks is a long time.





11 comments:

Melissa said...

He is awesome but I am pretty sure he won't be splashless - not with those antlers!!

see you there! said...

Great combo of themes. I enjoyed looking at your doodle.

Darla

Mina said...

What a creative combo! Well done.

Jennifer McLean said...

absolutely adorable! I think your moose would be a hit at the olympics. Thanks for participating in my IA zentangle challenge this week!
Best,
Jenn of www.justaddwatersilly.com

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so funny Deb!! I love it! I'm going to bed soon! I promise to write tomorrow ;o) I wonder if you're in bed now, or if you are all up, talking with your daughter ;o) Hugs ;o)

New End Studio said...

This is great, he gets the gold ♥

Flowermouse Design said...

That is so creative Debbie!!! I totally love that you play - this made me smile!!!! A lot!!

Magpie said...

Your diving moose is so great! I'm wondering if he's going to come out of the water covered in zentangle patterns?!

Gloria said...

I laughed when I saw he bathing trunks! Very cute idea and good use of tangles depicting each area.

Dawn said...

I love your moose!!! Great job--so fun!

Sunshineshelle said...

This is hilarious Deb, more graceful than a couple of dives I caught ;) So fantastic your daughter is home for a visit :) My daughter is staying OS after our trip next month until Christmas... I'm already fretting, if I win lotto I'll give up work & stay over with her... and take my 15 year old too (mmm better organise a home schooler professional to come too, oh & better bring my man Frayz... oh & how long does it take to organise papers for our dog??? Enjoy your babes return, I'm sure she'll have lot's to tell!