Thursday, August 9, 2012

Flowers from Alice in Wonderland

<"Why don't you paint the white roses red?" Alice suggested.> From Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

I wanted to share this custom order that I just finished for a customer who is giving a Mad Hatter Tea Party. She wanted 9 white roses painted red like in the story. Here is my interpretation:
Per her suggestion, I even "dripped" some red beads into the green leaves! She is thrilled with the end result, and I am pretty proud with how these turned out!






8 comments:

Melissa said...

She should be - those are gorgeous!! I particularly like the 'dripped' paint....I noticed it right away. Brilliant idea.

Terry said...

Stunning.

craftattack said...

Fantastic, I am speechless! Valerie

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh, they are simply perfect!!!!! They are going to look amazing at the Mad Tea Party...I hope the customer sends you a photo or two!

New End Studio said...

Pretty! Like the dripped paint look and the crystals, these are fab ♥

see you there! said...

Wonderful flowers, the drip of red on the leaves is the perfect touch.

Darla

Mina said...

Wow! This is beautiful work. I love these roses. You are such a gifted beader! Have a beautiful weekend. Mina

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, this was a lot of work! You should be very proud of yourself! These turned out beautiful! Well done!!! I am standing up, applauding you ;o)