Wednesday, July 4, 2012

IA Post Card Swap

"Never fear what the world may bring; its gifts will far outweigh its troubles."-Unknown

Greetings! And Happy 4th of July to all my American Friends! Our town had their fireworks on Sunday night, so we will celebrate by watching some more on TV. It is forecast for thunderstorms any time of day, so the BBQ may be a bust. Not a problem! I already cooked some baby back ribs for a back up!

Today, I'm going to show the post cards that I received from the Inspiration Avenue Post Card Swap. They are all beautiful!
This one is from Lorinda from Vancouver Island, Canada. I love how she used the theme of explore and flowers--you know I love both travel & flowers!
This one is from Terrie who lives in the state of Washington. I was (still am?) a
stamp collector, so I adore this heart, the stamps, the postmarks & how she made it go off the card. She put a sweet quote on the back & even decorated her envelope.
Fran from New York (my state!) sent me this delightful card decorated on both sides with flowers, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, & stamps. It is amazing how my swap buddies all picked themes that I love! Fran included some tags & other fun things for me to use in my art.
This beauty came from Kirstin in Australia. She picked bright beautiful colors and made me feel like a star!
Sorry I did not get a better photo of this card from Valerie in Germany. She protected the images with a glossy top coat. She used one of my favorite quotes, "Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." She also sent along a few goodies for me to use in my mixed media art.

I love all the postcards I received--thank you all!









7 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Love these postcards! Especially the explore card with the flowers. Also the pink haired lady. Great work from all!

Melissa said...

Ooooh - the last one is easily my favorite...

see you there! said...

You rec'd some great cards. I love mail art but just didn't have the time to jump in on the IA swap. Looks like it was fun tho.

Darla

Roxanne said...

They are all fantastic!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Deb ;o) I hope you had a great 4th of July ;o) Baby back ribs, yummy! I should have came over ;o) Your post cards you got are beautiful! Love them all! Lucky girl! Big Hugs ;o)

Deb said...

Cool cards

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What fabulous post cards! Swaps are such fun! Hope you had a wonderful 4th!