Friday, July 27, 2012

IA Challenge-Swirls

Magpie hosted this week's Inspiration Avenue challenge, and decided on a theme of swirls. I went with the first thing that came to mind. I got out some polymer clay and made some swirly beads:
Making the beads is as far as I got this week, but I plan to combine them with glass beads and make them into a set of jewelry.

Hope you are all keeping cool! Have a fun and creative weekend everyone, and I invite all to enter my giveaway here if you are so inclined.

13 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Lovely to see your claywork!!! They are beatiful!

Terry said...

I find this swirling in clay to be so impressive. Love the colours you chose - very pretty.

Beadwright said...

Haaa stay cool? Want cool? come to my town. It is freezing here.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magpie said...

I love these beads and can't wait to see what you will make with them! The colors are so deep and rich.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, these are really swirly. Not sure how you made that clay. I may have to come and take lessons from you (grin).

craftattack said...

Beautiful beads, love the blues and greens! Valerie

Alice said...

i want to see these when they are all finished into a set of jewelry :) pretty!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful colors Deb!! I can't wait to see what you create with them! Hugs ;o)

IrelandBrady said...

Love the color combination you chose for your swirly beads! Looking forward to seeing how you put them to use!

Kat W said...

Beautiful beads & perfect for this week's theme. I'd love to have a go at making beads as I like making jewellery & use beads in sewing & mixed media creative projects.

Kat :-) X

Lou Anne said...

Your beads are beautiful. I could see them on a mermaid's necklace!

Roxanne said...

Love them. The colors are really nice and can't wait to see what you do with them. :)

see you there! said...

Very pretty swirly beads. I can picture them as a bracelet.

Darla