Friday, July 13, 2012

IA Challenge FLY!

Fill the cup of happiness for others, and there will be enough overflowing to fill yours to the brim.--Rose Pastor Stokes


Diane chose one of my favorite themes to work with this week for the Inspiration Avenue Challenge--FLY! For me, that brings to mind my favorites from the insect world. Of course, you know it has to do with beads!
Since my daily walk takes me around a lake, I see lots of dragonflies. Admittedly, they scare me a bit, maybe because they are large, but it doesn't stop me from creating them in beads.

This is a dragonfly plant stick I made in topaz, black & white, and it can be found flying around my Etsy shop!

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

I adore dragonflies!! :)

Terry said...

Oh Debbie. This is gorgeous. I have a thing for dragonflies (in a good way, lol). I don't know if it's their shimmery colour or just how strange they look or that they don't seem to bite or sting, lol, but they are special. I love this beaded version you've done. I think that it catches that glimmery specialness (is that a word?). How in the world do you go from vision to creation with beads?!!

see you there! said...

Dragonflies are like bits of flying mystery to me - your beaded one is beautiful.

Darla

IrelandBrady said...

Oh! I love dragon flies! Your beaded dragon fly is stunning! Well done Debbie!

Flowermouse Design said...

So lovely made. Dragonflies scares me too but in some way they are kind of fascinating too!! Happy weekend to you!

Magpie said...

I love dragonflies too. Even their name is enchanting. This is beautiful,with the sparkly beads!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, I would NEVER use that as a plant stick. It is far too lovely. Your beadwork is just amazing.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love dragonflies! Did you know they eat the bugs! The one you have made is stunning! Hmmmm...Maybe mine needs a friend? ;o)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh I do love dragonflies, too! This one is so gorgeous - you really outdid yourself this time! I love this color palette! :) Happy weekend!

New End Studio said...

I like YOUR dragonfly, but real ones can be scary, I agree ♥

(Your reply as to your 2nd fave, I should have guessed, you make such cute things with the clay!)

Kat W said...

Pretty & so intricate, really beautiful!
Kat :-)

Lori Saul said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Diane ~ said...

a jeweled DragonFly, what a beautiful piece! I'm so glad you entered our challenge! Beautiful work and such a creative entry! :D

Beadwright said...

Ohhh this is soooo pretty. I love this.
Nicole/Beadwright

Sunshineshelle said...

Love the way they skip across the water, but never seen one as beautiful as this - fantastic Debbie :)

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

What can I say? I just love your bead work! :-)