Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting Back in the Swing of Things!

"A light heart lives long."--William Shakespeare

I'm trying to keep my heart light while getting back in the swing of creating. That alone makes me happy. Are you like me? If I don't create for too long a time, I get a little crabby. Since I am normally a very happy person, when I get like that, I can't even stand myself, LOL!

I've been beading flowers, making ACEOs, sun catchers, and working more on my altered book. Here are a few things recently created & destined for my Etsy & Weebly shops:
A whimsical ladybug planter filled with french beaded sweet william flowers with black stamens.
A whimsical rooster filled with a giant tritoma surrounded with leaves shaped to look like feathers. I have one more of these cute planters to create...a cow coming soon!
Inspired by the flamingos I saw while visiting the San Diego Zoo.
I created this on a piece of cardboard that had this pretty floral attached. Yes, I did notice that I left out the apostrophe on "heaven's"! It has been corrected, but I didn't have a chance to take new photos yet!

I'll be showing my new sun catchers as soon as I can photograph them. Over the weekend I hope to post my AB next lessons--hope to be all caught up for when the next one comes out on Sunday!

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!


14 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Yes I absolutely need to be creative! I always love your beaded flowers- they never cease to amaze me!

Linda said...

Oh so very creative you are. Sometimes my creativity moves and I can't find her...Yours is right where you want her. Great work.

Roxanne said...

Oh yes that crabby feeling after going so long without creating something is very familiar to me. We just need to create! Love your beadwork and the aceos are wonderful! Have a super weekend. :)

see you there! said...

You have been busy so you must be happy by now, I'm still frustrated with the finger injury, paint and glue on a splint isn't pretty, LOL!

Darla

Beadwright said...

Hey the beaded florwers in the pots are just too cute. Glad you are back.
Have you tried creating your ACEO cards on NBB? Works great.
Have a great day
Nicole/Beadwright

IrelandBrady said...

All of your pieces are wonderful! Your beadwork, as always, is amazing!

Magic Love Crow said...

You crabby, never Deb ;o) Me yes! LOL! All of your new items are so precious! The ladybug planter turned out great! Excellent aceos's too! A+++ New sun caters, I can't wait! Have a great weekend my friend ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

caters??? where did that come from? LOL! catchers ;o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Golly, you have been creative. I say that because I wouldn't have gotten the beading needle threaded by now (grin), much less all the beading projects you created.

I was especially enamored by that lovely flamingo. The background was incredible.

New End Studio said...

Welcome back, your creativity is blooming (pun intended.) Hope your weekend is fabulous and cool ♥

Flowermouse Design said...

A day without creating is a day without fresh air!!! Lovely to see you even more happy and I love your work!!! What a talent!!

Deb said...

That ladybug is adorable

craftattack said...

Your bead work is just fantastic. Everything you have made, is lovely, great colours! Valerie

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Fun creations! I am especially loving that ladybug planter...and I so agree with the sentiment of your last piece...flowers ARE indeed masterpieces!