Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another gift & new art to show

"A good laugh is sunshine in a house."--William Makepeace Thackeray

I was the lucky winner of a beautiful piece of art by Simona whose blog lives here.
This piece is called, "Waiting", and it is even more beautiful in person. I just love it! Thank you, Simona. Please stop by and visit her if you have a chance.

Back at the end of May, I made a mermaid sun catcher & was stumped on what to do for hair. Thank you for all your suggestions--they were much appreciated. Here is what I came up with:
Since the red hair did seem a bit shocking, I went with blond & added a simple wreath of tiny shells. I'm happy with her now!

Also have two new crystal prism sun catchers:
This one is heavier than the other & features an octagon shaped crystal, pink & purple glass beads & a small octagon shape at the bottom.
And I had a request:
This one features a tear drop shaped crystal and hot pink glass crystals.

We have a reprieve from the heat & humidity for a few days, so I am back to beading flowers. Hope you are all coping with whatever weather Mother Nature is throwing at you!



12 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the suncatchers!

Lori said...

Love that piece of art!! The suncatchers are awesome..bet they throw some great Prisms.. I think the mermaid looks great...Much better then the Red hair!!

Beadwright said...

Hey Debbie congrats on winning the art. Great piece. I know those crystals throw off some beautiful rainbow lights.
Nicole/Beadwright

see you there! said...

It is fun to hold a real life piece of someone else's art in your hand isn't it?

Admire your beading as always.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I love what you won from Simona! I love her art! And the mermaid is so cute!!! A+++ Deb, you never showed me the other sun catcher??? I love them both! I have to e-mail you!!!

IrelandBrady said...

The picture you won is charmingly sweet! Lucky you!

Debbie, your Sun Catchers are just wonderful! I especially favor the mermaid one ... you are so clever and creative with your bead work. You always amaze me.

Terrie Purkey said...

thanks for checking in - I'm feeling better today finally! Love these suncatchers - you make them so beautifully. Here in the NW we're finally getting a stretch of sun and it might be low 80s today.... yahoo, a bit of summer.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You did a fabulous job with your mermaid. She is awesome and the headband matches her top.

I think these suncatchers are adorable. I wish I didn't have so much sun, though. Our temps dropped to the mid-90s and is projected for three more days, too. I can't believe mid-90s sounds so much cooler than 105!

New End Studio said...

The mermaid looks great with the shells added, makes perfect sense, no wonder you thought of that! Your suncatchers are beautiful I like the first one a lot and the second one has a classic and pretty simplicity.

Congrats on the art win, going to visit her blog...

Crystal said...

gorgeous suncatchers! :-)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a pretty piece of art - congrats to you! And I agree that the sun catchers are sooo very lovely! They look so wonderfully sparkly. :)

Sunshineshelle said...

Simona's artwork is gorgeous & great win!!! Love all your work but especially... the mermaid, I've never seen anything like it, sweet!