Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tree Stand ACEO

"A tiny seed of faith, watered with love, wisdom, and hard work, grows into a majestic tree of blessings."-unknown

I decided to create some ACEOs for the Earth Day Challenge at the 7 Card Draw Blog. This one is called "Tree Stand" and is acrylic paint on 140 lb. watercolor paper. The highlights were done in (my favorite)Micron pen & white archival ink.
I also entered the previous one that I did of the tree with silk leaves. Thank you to everyone who suggested a title! I went with a mixture and called it...."Mother Nature's Last Smile".

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooooh I really like this one but then I have a Pin board called "Trees Make me Smile" so I might be biased!!

New End Studio said...

All the different shades, so pretty!

IrelandBrady said...

Love your tree stand Debbie! So many pretty greens!

Beadwright said...

Deb you ACEO brings such smiles to my face. Thank you
Nicole/Beadwright

see you there! said...

Great study in greens, I really like the color combo.
Darla

Flowermouse Design said...

That quote is just wonderful. And so are your painting - I love the different sizes and colors.

priti.lisa said...

The simplicity of the palette is tree-mendous (sorry :))
I love the title too, but I hope she has more smiles to share.
♥♥♥

Magic Love Crow said...

Love this Deb! You painted this very modern to me! I really like it!!! Very interesting how you did it!!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh so pretty! I have such a fondness for trees. I adore all the different shades of green you used. :)