Friday, March 30, 2012

Stormy Weather IA Challenge

No day should ever be so hectic that there is not time in it for solitude and reflection. -Unknown

And what better day for solitude and reflection than a stormy weather day! Makes me want to curl up in my favorite spot with a good novel. Maggie challenged us to be inspired by stormy weather but not necessarily in a gloomy way! Here is my entry this week:
With the rainy storm clouds came the wind. I hope the flowers don't loose their heads, lol! I had some fun playing with my new watercolor pencils and some Staedtler triplus fineliner markers. Don't forget to stop by on Sunday and see all the wonderful entries at the Inspiration Avenue blog.

Have a happy, creative weekend!

12 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

That qoute is excellent!! And I love the stormy artwork - just like is right here. It has been some really warm days - now they are promising frost in the night....

sandee said...

I also love the quote and your card is very cute! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Melissa said...

The quote is great and the drawing is fabulous - it simply appeals.

see you there! said...

It has been windy on the mt. I keep imagining the face in your cloud.

Darla

Beadwright said...

Ohhh yeah winter time is here. Massive winds, rain by the buckets. We are in a flood warining. So your picture is perfect for here.
Nicole/Beadwright

Jenny Woolf said...

That's a nice cheerful card for a storm -A reminder that for plants a storm is usually great news! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Very cute Deb ;o) I hope they don't loose their heads either! LOL! I like the one cloud blowing! Have a great weekend ;o)

Lou Anne said...

The picture captures the spontaneity of a spring rainstorm on a flower garden.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have set the perfect atmosphere for the aftermath of a rain storm. Looks like the flowers kept their heads, too!

Glad to read you got some lovely new tools to play with. How lucky for you.

WrightStuff said...

It's a gorgeous sunny day here! Hope the flowers do keep their petals - always so disappointing when the rain ruins them.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I just love this! The face on that one cloud is so cute. And I love the brightly colored flowers, too!

Claire said...

oh, the poor flowers :( but such a cute cloud :) a great entry!