Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Jenn from Just Add Water Silly, a blog name that tickles me every time I say it to myself! I'm happy to play along...

The Rules

Post the rules for playing along in this game of tag!
Answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you.
Create 11 questions to ask the people you tag.
Tag 11 people who you think would love to participate.
Let your tagged bloggers know you've tagged them!

Here are my answers to Jenn's questions:

1) Coffee, tea or me - What's your FAVORITE drink?? My main beverage is tea, although I will occasionally drink cappuccino or espresso, but regular coffee never crosses these lips! Wine with dinner goes down pretty smooth, though!
2) Where does your inspiration come from? Since my passion is creating french beaded flowers, my inspiration mostly comes from nature. I do like to take a little license with color now & then. When thinking about the aceos I have created, I see nature again and the animal kingdom influence me most.
3) Where is your favorite place to be? I love to travel, but I can't pick a favorite...I have truly loved everyplace we have been for its uniqueness. I do love being home in my art room.
4) Did you have a stuffed animal when you were little that you loved to death? Yes, her name is Mary, she is a cat, and I still have her. She is dressed in a bright yellow checked dress.
5) What's your weirdest trait? That's a hard one...probably that my thumb tips bend up at right angles to the rest of my finger.
6)Tell me something no one else knows about you but you wish they did! Since I've answered a few tags like this, I don't think there is much left to tell, LOL! I just say I'm married and have one daughter and am pretty much self-taught in anything I create.
7) If you could buy a new pet right now, what would it be and what would you name it? I'd buy a dog & name it Chance. Just the first thing that came to mind; I don't know why!
8)Are you vain about something? Not that I can think of.
9)Have you found your niche, in other words, would people be able to recognize your artwork without your signature? How did you find that comfortable place? I believe I have found my passion--beaded flowers. But would people recognize them as mine? I'm not sure. I try to set my flowers apart from the rest by mainly creating arrangements rather than single flowers, which I only do sporadically. My niche? Probably not, since I like to experiment with so many different things.
10)What style of art do you WISH you could do but don't or can't right now? I wish I could draw better. I get very frustrated, and I know I could improve if I spent more time at it.
11)Favorite kind/brand of art supply? My favorite supply is Czech seed beads!

Here are my 11 questions:
1)What historical figure would you most like to meet?
2)If you won THE lottery, what would you buy first?
3)If you could visit anyplace in the world, where would you go?
4)What artist do you most admire?
5)Name one thing about yourself that you really like.
6)If you were an animal, what would you be?
7)Milk chocolate or Dark chocolate?
8)If time travel were a reality...what era or point in time would you like to visit. What would you like to experience first hand?
9)Who has had the most influence on your art?
10)Favorite color? Do you wear it?
11)what geographic feature do you like best--mountains,ocean,desert,lake,etc?

Now I'm supposed to tag 11 people, but as is my practice...I will invite anyone who reads my blog to play along. If you put up a blog post, come back and comment here, and I will add you to this post so people can find you! Thanks, Jenn!

5 comments:

see you there! said...

Fun read. I think your beading is really great and definately think the way you put groupings together is out of the ordinary.

Darla

New End Studio said...

I can picture your, "Mary" and hope you find your, "Chance" soon. There are lots at shelters waiting for loving families. I got my #1 Pet at a "Second Chance" shelter, that was really the name. Fun post.

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post Deb ;o) I am a tea drinker too ;o) You know I have my first stuffed animal ;o) A teddy bear, with a green checked dress ;o) Her one eye is missing, where I drew it in ;o) LOL! Chance? Very interesting! I think if I won the lottery, I would get a hair transplant or a really good wig! LOL! Big Hugs ;o)

Jennifer McLean said...

OOh, I can't wait to see your doodle piece! The IA challenge was an inspired choice by Maggie. I has several ideas of what to do and today I'm going to make a few more pieces having to do with weather.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, it was so nice to see you. See you in APR!
Best,
Jenn of www.JustAddWaterSilly.com

Jennifer McLean said...

It was also great to get to know you better. You wrote some seriously great questions,

2. Lottery? Buy a BIG house with a HUGE art studio all decked out just for MEEEEEE!
7. milk chocolate all the way, preferably bunny chocolate!
10. Lime or olive green, only as accessories, against my face makes me look dead!
11. totally mountains and oceans, but then I'm on an island where the coastal mountains are in my vision every day.