Monday, March 26, 2012

A good laugh is sunshine in a house. -William Makepeace Thackeray

Well, after a wonderful week with our daughter home from college, I am ready to get crafting again. I made some real progress on the second braid rug over the weekend. The story on the first one is here in case you missed it. With the warm weather tease we have had the last few weeks, I am itching to put away the knitting machine, but I need to finish the second rug first in case I have to add any length to the strips.

The warm weather seems to have taken a vacation for the moment...it is chilly and windy like a freight train sounds today. The theme at IA announced today is "Stormy Weather" and I think the wind is shouting at me, lol!

I had such success with my Christmas angels that I decided to create one that can be enjoyed all year long. My garden angel is listed on Etsy:
Let me know what you think of her.

Working on my AB to be up to date by Monday's show and tell! What are you working on?

18 comments:

Sherry Edwards said...

She's beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your garden angel is ADORABLE, Debbie. If only I liked dolls, I might even be tempted (grin). Have a super week because it's finally NOT raining here, like it did all last week.

Jenny Woolf said...

She's cute. I looked at her before reading the text and thought, "oh, lovely but she doesn't look Christmassy...." duh ! :D

FeltByRae said...

She is very beautiful, I love the idea of a garden angel

Deb said...

pretty angel...glad you had a good week with your daughter...I'm trying to catch up on my visiting..

Jennifer McLean said...

Hi Debbie,
I tagged you on my blog! if you want to participate in this game of tag, come on over!
Best,
Jenn

IrelandBrady said...

I LOVE your Garden Angel! She would be right at home in a garden window, wouldn't she!

Your braided rug is amazing! I would never have thought to knit the cords for use as braids....very clever! It is so pretty, I would hate to put it on the floor!

Melissa said...

Great quote. Good times with family are very inspiring - sounds like you had a great time with your daughter.

The angel is sweet.

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello my friend ;o) The wind is blowing here too ;o) I think your garden angel is beautiful! I love the colors you used ;o) I am painting Egyptian Goddess Isis right now, sitting on her throne ;o) Hugs ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Forgot to say, glad you had a great visit with your daughter ;o)

New End Studio said...

The trees bloomed, but we are due for frost tonight, so I hope the delicate new growth makes it through.

I like what you have done with your garden angel's hair, very cute.

I'm still waiting for those new items to dry, the cold and damp returning has set me back a little bit.

Is your daughter all set for her trip? It's going to be exciting times for her.

Flowermouse Design said...

I love your angel. It is almost like seeing the feeling of spring and the flowers. Amazing work Debbie. I am glad you had a lovely visit from your daughter!!

Beadwright said...

Very nice. I love no face dolls.
Nicole/Beadwright

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Very pretty- she looks like mother nature to me. : )

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your daughter! Can you believe how windy it's been? Our warm weather has turned a bit chilly. :) At least our flowers survived. Your guardian angel is so sweet. :) She is great for anytime of year decorating!!!! :)

Kristin Dudish said...

What a great quote!

It is definitely a perfect angel for any time of year :)

(And I am super-duper impressed with your braided rug!)

xo
Kristin

sandee said...

Your garden angel is stunning!!! Can't wait to see your AB! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

see you there! said...

I like the idea of a year round angel and yours is lovely.

I'm trying to come up with something for this week's IA challenge. Not sure my idea is working.

Darla