Monday, March 12, 2012

Color Pairs

"Destiny is not a matter of change, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. -William Jennings Bryant


I'm showing off some of my latest creations today. My regular readers may remember a while ago I asked for some favorite color combinations. Someone suggested purple and green, and here is what I did with that color pair:
Another suggestion was yellow and orange. Not too much yellow...but lots of orange:
"Memories of Greece" was an aceo that I attempted in a limited color palette. I think the colors are pretty true to the bright white and blue that is very characteristic of the Greek Islands. Drawing and perspective need some work, lol!
Lastly, I created a few more beaded dragonfly plant sticks. Here is one--Notice the purple and green color scheme again:
Of course, my aging mind forgets just who made these color suggestions--so I will just say "Thanks!"

15 comments:

New End Studio said...

Mr. Seahorse is terrific! Everything is lovely; I like the aceo looking down at the water from above. TFS!

Melissa said...

Love the seahorse - but then there is something about seahorses - what isn't there to love?

Lori said...

Love them... great color combos on all... Love the Greek Islands.. Very Impressionistic.

Flowermouse Design said...

The seahorse is adorable and those two colors are really great together. And your ACEO makes med want to pack up my suitcase and go!!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Beadwright said...

You know how much I like your sea horses. Fabulous, as is the rest of your art.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Deb ;o) I love all your creations!!! You are one crafty lady ;o) Oh, I think I see a rabbit too ;o) I have to apologize, I forgot to vote on the aceo challenge! I would have voted for you!! Sorry! And, I am behind in e-mails again!! ERrrr..sorry! LOL! Hugs ;o)

Jenny Woolf said...

Cool! It is funny how sometimes Greece really does seem to be blue and white, just like its flag! :)

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

I absolutely love that seahorse! It's one of my favorite color combinations.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh you have been so busy! I adore your seahorse. And I think you did a wonderful job with your Greece ACEO - the colors are just right. : ) The dragonfly is so lovely, too!

Linda said...

I must say your work is amazing. All the detail and colors. I love the seahorse...Thanks for sharing. I am a follower of you too. You are now entered in my giveaway.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I especially LOVE the purple and green Two of my favorite colors. And the seahorse is simply beautiful beyond belief. Yellow and orange remind me of summer, so they are really fun and warm to see this time of year.

You asked if you should thin some of the pages of the niche. I would keep all the pages going in the niche together and NOT thin them. However, apparently, you are going to have a few (or many) pages that will NOT be included in the niche, so you can thin those. The niche pages should not be thinned, though. Hope that helped and I was able to see it in time for you to avoid removing too many pages.

Crystal said...

Your beadwork always blows me away! I love the seahorse! :-)

Jess Schleicher said...

I really love the seahorse. amazing.

see you there! said...

I agree with everyone else. The seahorse is amazing. I love the colors in the Greek scene too.

Well done!

Darla

Geckostone said...

These are all beautiful Deb! I especially adore the seahorse!!! And I love those chunky paintings on Stacy's site!!! Deb