Thursday, March 29, 2012

Artist's Play Room Blog Hop

I have joined the Artist's Play Room Blog Hop (APR) that is created and hosted by Jenn at her blog, Just Add Water Silly! Each week she provides an idea to spark our creativity, we can link up and all the entries are revealed on Saturdays.

The creative prompt this week is to doodle,embellish, or decorate your initial,name, or favorite word. I decided to bead the word "Joy" and turn it into an ACEO. I beaded in a very random, hodgepodge sort of way which is new to me. Most of the time when I bead, everything is measured or counted so it is uniform. Who would want a lopsided daisy after all? It feels good to break out of that restriction for a change!
Thanks, Jenn, for inviting me to be inspired! You can visit the challenge page here, or by clicking on the APR button on my sidebar.

11 comments:

Crystal said...

You know I do a lot of aceo's but I never think dimensional...this is just awesome! :-)

Jennifer McLean said...

just joyous! This should sell well as dimensional art on Etsy! Thanks for joining up!
Best,
Jenn

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so cute Deb! Well done ;o) I went to Jenn's blog. Her's peas in a pod is fantastic! Maybe I will join in after my Goddesses are done. Hugs ;o)

VonnyK said...

I really love this, the buttone really make the piece. Random is better than uniform anyday.
Von

Deb said...

you are so creative Debbie...I'm playing catch up...

Beadwright said...

Great piece for the word Joy. I really like your random beading. Fun and happy.
Nicole/Beadwright

New End Studio said...

This looks fun, it fits the theme and your result is so charming. From here, some of the beads look like candy!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

great job!

Simona Cordara said...

this is so unique!!

Lynn said...

Like your style!!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

So colorful and JOYous!!! :) Great creation!