Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Playing Hooky...

in more ways than one! Hope you all had a nice weekend, enjoyed your Super Bowl parties if you had or went to one. There was a "riot" at our daughter's college Sunday night after the game. For sure the college is located in Patriot's territory, but with 30,000 students, you know there have to be some Giants fans, too. Not sure how/why it started--I mean which side was upset over what--but it required the Police, 3 on horseback, smoke & flash bombs to disperse the crowd. Our daughter, her boyfriend & several friends had ring-side seats watching from her dorm room window.

I'm in a bit of a slump right now. I can't seem to get going on any projects even though I desperately need to stock up my Etsy shop. I think it is all the hot & cold weather we have been having. About the only things I have accomplished this week is cleaning the house, cooking, and making this:
What do you mean, what is it? It is a perfectly obvious Swiffer sock! I found free directions on Ravelry here. I did mine in navy blue & purple & it works great! I see another in my future so I can always have one available when the other is in the wash.

There is a Chinese Proverb that says, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." So tell me you all have times like this when you just can't seem to kick start your creative juices. How to you get back in step?

7 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

That swiffer sock is so cool - I like the colors.
When creativity seem to leave my brain I´ve found out that stressing it makes it worse. I accept that it is like that, and that it´ll come back soon (not easy at first). I do something totally different (a walk, a visit to a cafĂ© or something else I like). Just like a little break from "I should have done this or that". It will come back - I´m so sure of it. Hope this helps...

Crystal said...

Cool swiffer sock...I totally get the doldrums this time of year and I need a kick to get going again. Usually that comes from spring weather!

New End Studio said...

Those colors remind me of an Iris, one of my favorite flowers. Great idea to make those, too. Don't have any tips, maybe flipping through magazines/new spring catalogues or going to a museum or doing something else that you've never done before? The middle of winter is often a slow time.

Melissa said...

Sometimes, it is just a matter of starting something.


Love the swiffer sock - so you just throw it in the laundry when you are done?

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, I love your swiffer sock! I have to tell my mom to make some! Great idea!!! You know my friend, just walking away and doing other things, makes me come back with fresh ideas and makes me want to paint even more, because I haven't done it in awhile. Does that make sense? I guess, don't force anything! When you are suppose to create, you will ;o)

Deb said...

glad your daughter and friends were okay...I don't understand what makes people turn into mobs over sports...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The best place to be in a mob situation is safely hidden away behind walls and windows. And yes, we have all had those slumps. If someone says otherwise, they are lying. We all get them. Now I'm just glad you were able to make something, even though I'm still not sure what it does!