Friday, February 24, 2012

IA Challenge: Texture

"Counting Time Is Not As Important As Making Time Count"

Friday already??? Where did the week go? I just about had time to make my entry for the Inspiration AvenueChallenge hosted by Maggie who prompted us with the word "texture".
I did a little research and found one definition of texture refers to the tactile quality of an object. I was off and running with that thought! I started this aceo with a leather-like fabric that I made myself from muslin fabric, gesso, and paint. I wish I could have gotten a better photo so you could see all the rich color and feel the leather-like texture with your eyes. The little foot print at the top was made with sandpaper & embedded in snow texture medium. Of course, the feather adds fluff & softness...and well, I'm sure you get the idea! Thanks for letting me play along. These challenges have really helped me move out of my comfort zone. Thanks for a fun one, Maggie!

Have a happy, creative weekend everyone!

18 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

Extraordinary. It is so interesting to see your take on all these challenges. I am really impressed by what you put together and find that it really works. Wish I could touch this - it gives so much more than just something for the eye!! You are a true artist. Wish you a wonderful weekend dear Debbie!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Too bad this is an ATC. This is something I would hang on my living room wall. It is truly gorgeous. I like the depth you created and of course, the composition is wonderful.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lone!

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, I love this aceo!!!!! I agree with Lone, you are a true artist! You are exploding this year with such creativity!!! I love this aceo so much! Well done ;o)

see you there! said...

What an amazing amount of texture you put into such a small space. I really like it. I'm late for the challenge, if the paint dries quickly... well we'll see.

Darla

Melissa said...

I love the bird print especially in conjunction with the feather...given all the pretty/shiny bits included your friend might be a bit of starling who hoards shiny bits and bobs. :)

Beadwright said...

You know I am all about texture and layers. I love what you have created here. Wonderful art Deb.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magpie said...

You've incorporated so much texture, and it gives it such interest. I can almost feel the scratchy sandpaper, and the fluffy feather :) Great entry!

Anne said...

Love the nature elements! Your collage is very original and creative. <3

angelself said...

What a fun project =) You outdid yourself with the variety of textures...very nice!! Kathryn

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh that is fabulous!!!! I love the little feather and the footprint! Very natural look to this piece! :)

Diane ~ said...

Deb wow this little piece of art is loaded with texture! fabulous & creative! & thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :D

IMGIRL said...

Wow, you submissions is oozing texture!
Lovely

gma said...

Just love it!
Sandpaper footprint and feather.
It is awesome.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have to admit, I had forgotten about the IA challenge this week, what with the basketball weekend I was experiencing. When I read your comment, I immediately went to the blog and was simply stunned, since there were so many wonderful artists like yourself, who I thought did such a better job than I. Thanks for letting me know about my win!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your piece reminds me of some of the lovely native American art we have here in Phoenix.

Kat W said...

Beautiful piece and good idea using those materials!

Kat X

priti.lisa said...

A little bit of everything and a bit of your soul...
I can feel the joy♥♥♥