Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Some New Beaded Flowers

I have been having trouble getting back into the groove of doing the various challenges, creating, listing, and blogging, probably because my daughter is still home from college. The weather has also been amazing--since the storm in late October, we've only had flurries that melted before they hit the ground. No complaints from me on that score. I am also working on a custom order of wedding brooches which I will share when they are done, and in the meantime I'll show the first of what I hope is several french beaded rose arrangements that I am making for Valentine's Day.
I used pink color-lined beads that almost have a gold shadow to them & a bright Spring green. I wanted the arrangement to be different from the ones I do all year with 3 medium flowers, so I did a large rose, medium & a bud. With two sprigs of baby's breath & 3 leaf bundles, I think it looks finished.

Besides the custom order and more roses, I am thinking about an aceo that I will make for a swap with the ACETSY team and am trying to get the the Inspiration Avenue challenge this week which is a fun one! Hopefully, I'll have time this month to enter the ACEO challenge, too! Phew! I better get to work! Have a great day!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like this arrangement - I think the size differences you use added tremendous interest and I love the chartreuse leaves.

art2cee2 said...

You beaded flowers are always simply awesome! :-)

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Sp pretty! I can't believe you made those... all those beads, WOW! It must take forever.

I'm definitely having trouble getting back in the grove too. I figure it will happen and I'm just trying to roll with it and not force the issue.

Regina said...

Deb we need to change your name to busy Bee...LOL!!! I know that you will accomplish everything that you want to. Excited to see the wedding broaches. LOVE LOVE LOVE the flower bouquet...a beauty as always!!!

Hugs

Flowermouse Design said...

Simply stunning work. I can´t believe how much work that goes into such beautiful art. I´m happy to read about your order for the brooches - I´m excited to see them when you´re done. A good thing that the weather is finally better - you´ve had enough now!!!

Lori said...

Wow- these are Beautiful Deb! I'm having a hard time getting back in the groove after the holidays too..

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello My Friend ;o) Since I got back from the little trip, I haven't been feeling like painting, but I have pushed myself to get going! The flowers are stunning!!! Love them! I am working on something for the aceo challenge and swap too! I am sure we will accomplish everything ;o) Can't wait to see your special order!! Good for you!

Beadwright said...

Hi Deb. Since we have known each other for quite a few years now, I think it is OK for me to say this. I have always loved your French flower work, you know that. However, over the last year I think you have grown in your artistic prowess by leaps n bounds. This is the highest compliment one artist to another.
Nicole/Beadwright

New End Studio said...

This is a glorious work, the baby's breath just sets it off so lovely. January is going to fly by with all of your doings.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Debbie, it is SO much fun finally able to catch up on your blog posts. I am simply THRILLED for your daughter. What an incredible honor. I know that will look good on her applications to grad school, too.

I really liked your last IA challenge. Sorry I wasn't able to let you know how much I liked it and how grateful I am (and was) that you took time to visit, even when I couldn't reciprocate.

Love those roses. This is definitely the time of year for them! I certainly hope you get to join the IA challenge this week. You would be able to pull off the dragon, I bet (grin).

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am in love with these roses. I am highly allergic to roses, so it makes me happy to see something this lovely and know that they wouldn't kill my hose!!!! Great job!!!!