Thursday, January 5, 2012

Some Exciting News At Our House!

I have been waiting to share some exciting news...Our daughter was accepted into Oxford University's Summer Seminar! They accept up to 50 students nationwide and they have to file an application, write essays, and have a Professor recommendation. When she told us she wanted to apply, we encouraged her to go ahead, while advising her to remain realistic--50 across the USA isn't a lot, and they usually take students who are already Juniors.

When she got the word that she was accepted...well, lets just say I don't think her feet have touched the ground yet! She is and has been for many years, an anglophile. We are thrilled for her and hope the reality of six weeks away over the summer is handled well by all of us!

So during this semester break, we have been running around having photos taken, applying for a new passport, Dentist appointments, and even some shopping.

In Etsy shop news... I hope to have Valentine's Day roses in stock soon!

Thanks for letting me share this with you!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations to your daughter!! What a tremendous honor. I always wanted to apply for a Oxford Humanities Summer course through our college but always terrified of it so I never did.

Kudos to your girl for screwing her courage to the sticking point and doing it.

You must be ecstatic!!

Lori said...

Wow-- That Is Awesome! Goof for her You must just about be as excited for her as she is. Tell her to take lots of pics!!!!
Hugz,

angelself said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations =) That is fabulous news!!! Kathryn

Regina said...

That is WONDERFUL news Debbie!! Congrats to your daughter..I know she is going to be on cloud nine for sometime..LOL!!

Hugs!!

New End Studio said...

Congratulations on the honor! I hope she has the time of her life. Make every moment count, just have a great adventure!

IrelandBrady said...

I had to look up the word "anglophile" and now fully understand why she is so elated! Ya-Hoo! A dream being fulfilled is wonderful!
Congratulations to your daughter!

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie!!!!! Yehhhhhh!! I am so happy for your daughter and for you and your hubby!! WOW!!! I am doing a little happy dance ;) Big Hugs ;o) I hope she takes lots of pictures while she is studding ;o)
Valentine's Day roses! Pretty ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

I had to look up anglophile too! LOL! You know, I have been fortunate to go to England I think it was 4 times, because my brother use to live there. She will have a great time!

art2cee2 said...

Congratulations to your daughter. I know how proud you much be! :-)

Deb said...

that is such awesome news...congratulations...hope we get to hear all about her travels...

Lynn said...

WoW ! What an opportunity for her. And the fact that she 'earned' it -- well, can't get any better than that. Congrats!

Geckostone said...

Wow, Deb, congrats to your daughter, that is truly exciting news indeed!!!Happy 2012!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You must be so very proud. This is amazing news. :) I can totally understand how excited your daughter must be. I'm a big anglophile, too. :) I hope she has the most amazing time ever!!!!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

That's fantastic! Congrats :)

Sunshineshelle said...

This is brilliant, what a wonderful step to the next stage of education, congrats to all!