Monday, January 16, 2012

Crocheted Scarves

If you are a regular follower here, you may remember that I was crocheting a pair of matching scarves for my daughter & her boyfriend. Well, I am able to show them now, so here they are:
The pattern was free from Caron International, and they were really fun to make. They used 2 types of crochet: standard and Tunisian which used to be called Afghan stitch. A Tunisian needle is very long--15" and you pick up and keep all the stitches on the needle & then crochet them off. That is how the teal stripes were created--along the length of the scarf. The black eyelets were crocheted with a regular crochet hook.

Turns out they both really liked them! Score 1 for Mom!

9 comments:

New End Studio said...

Good job, they look great, nice colors, too.

Lori said...

Love those colors together! Love them!! I havent crocheted for years--makes me want to try again!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb!!! I love these!! Seriously, I think you should be adding some of your knitting to your shop!! I love the colors in them too! Yeh Mom!!! ;o)

Sunshineshelle said...

I think Stacy is right, & you are soooo multi talented!!!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Love those colors! Seeing these makes me wish I knew how to crochet. : )

Deb said...

great job...you should think about putting them in your store...

Flowermouse Design said...

So beautiful - and your stitch work is perfect. I love the way you´ve added "tassels" Great work Debbie!!!

Beadwright said...

I am a total scarf person. I wear heavy scarves in winter and silky light weight ones in summer. Well because it is cold here in summer. LOL
Very nice, love the pattern and the colors.
Nicole/Beadwright

Melissa said...

Lovely colors and I love the long fringe - great gift Mom!!