Friday, December 23, 2011

Our Nativitys

Hi Everyone! I thought I would share our two nativity sets. This first one has been in my husbands family for eons--well maybe not that long, LOL, but we have been treasuring it for the past 20 years! The figures are made in Italy. The stable is very special because my Mom made it. Now you may be thinking (or not) "what happened to the manger & baby?" Well, it is our family tradition to put that in on Christmas morning, before anything else is done. He is, after all, the reason for the season!
This second Nativity scene was carved out of a single log. The back is covered with the natural bark. It was made in Bethlehem, and we purchased it on our trip there in 2009. I just love the natural shading in the piece of wood. This one stays out all year long and has a place front and center in our living room wall unit.
Wishing you all Peace, Joy, and Love this Christmas season! And, of course, a happy, creative weekend, too!

9 comments:

she dreams big! said...

Such lovely traditions and nativity sets. Both must hold so many memories for you and your family.

Merry Christmas, dear Debbie! May all of your wishes come true during this holiday season!

Hugs ~~ Connie

Melissa said...

Lovely - I love heirlooms so I like the first one - but the second one - oh my - very unique - I like it very much.

Flowermouse Design said...

Thank you for sharing your heirlooms. I just love those things with a history to it. It just gives meaning!! I wish you and your family a lovely holiday season, Debbie!! Big hugs from Norway!!

New End Studio said...

I really like the stable with the loft and ladder. The carved scene all the way from Bethlehem, well, these are both treasures, beautiful. TFS!

Merry Christmas, Debbie!

Geckostone said...

Wow, both Nativity scenes are awesome, especially the wood one, how beautiful! And I love your tradition to put out the Babe and manger first thing on Christmas!Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and your family! Deb

Faerie Moon Creations said...

They are really both wonderful. I adore the wooden one, especially. Hope you and your family have a most lovely holiday filled with magic and light.

IrelandBrady said...

Both Nativity scenes are beautiful ... but the one carved of wood is outstanding! Merry Christmas!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, these are both so special! I love them! And, I love the tradition of putting the manger and baby in on Christmas morning ;o) Your mom did a beautiful job on the stable! Merry Christmas!! I hope you've been eating lots ;o) Hugs!!!

Deb said...

those are so beautiful...